Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Goin' Home

5 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Goin' Home Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Goin' Home

Post by Psalmist July 9th 2011, 11:03 pm

"When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't your old home you missed but your childhood." ~-Sam Ewing

It's fun to go home and relive memories. Hopefully you're with friends and family when you do such. Or else you will end up boring them and frustrating yourself because of THEIR impatience. Don't they understand this is the place.................

This past week some of my siblings and I went to our old K-12 school in Michigan. The school has long since closed down and the floors are buckling from leaking ceilings/roofs. We laughed and enjoyed the memories from 1972 when we were all there. "This was my desk in 6th grade... Here's the studyhall where no one did." and on we went. The parking lot was overgrown by weeds along with the front yard. Then we went to our childhood home and it had really shrunk. Someone must've moved our huge house and put in this little scaled model.

When you go home, what is it you want to see? Who do you look up? Are you surprised that they all look old and you're still the same as you were in your junior year? I think God gives us memories good and bad to teach us about His love for us. Remember your first crush? You doodled their name on your hand and book covers. In first grade, if she liked you she would beat the fire out of you. That meant you were 'going steady' and possibly might get married. Remember the long phone calls where you said basically nothing. Then dad or mom told you to get off the phone and you had trouble hanging up. So you decided to do it together but neither would. O the great memories.

Re 3:5 - He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Re 3:8 -I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

When you gave your heart to Jesus He wrote your name in His books. Like a hotel reservation book, your name was written in the Lamb's Book of Life. No one can take it out but you. No devil or demon can erase it. The blood of Jesus is un-eraseable. I wonder if Jesus relives those memories of you and Him. When you said "I do." to His love and started that new friendship. I think when we get to heaven there's going to be alot of laughter.

Ps 16:11 - You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Maybe we'll sit with Jesus and laugh uncontrollably about where we messed up while working on our bikes. Maybe there was a time you lost an important bolt, only to find it later under the oil filter or in the WalMart sack. Jesus really enjoys you. He thinks you're alot of fun. Stop being so stinking hard on yourself! Quit making mountains out of past failures. You can't go back there and make it right. Let it go. Think on the great times.

Php 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

If you haven't asked Jesus into your heart yet. Give it a shot. Tell Him you believe He died and rose again for you. Confess your sins. For some of you, this might take a while Ask him to come into your heart and forgive you of all sins. Then receive Him and His forgiveness and start this day new. Some day we'll all be going home. I'm so excited about being with Jesus forever in heaven. I want to be in the message dept and ride my wing to planets beyond.... Sounds crazy doesn't it? Not to me. If I get to heaven before you, look for me at gate #7. I'll buy you a Dr. Pepper. Remember I'm praying for you. Make it a great week and laugh again.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Goin' Home Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Goin' Home

Post by Railrider July 9th 2011, 11:27 pm

Thanks again for the great message, Dino
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash July 10th 2011, 7:13 am

TU That Works Dino ! -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum July 10th 2011, 3:15 pm

Good words, good Author. You do an excellant job of telling the truth Dino. Thank You.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack July 11th 2011, 11:48 am

TU dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter