Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers

+3
smokum
whitetrash
Psalmist
7 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers

Post by Psalmist March 5th 2011, 11:40 pm

Pr 18:21 -Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.

My wife and I were out with another couple for dinner and I remembered what one of our guests had said at a previous meeting. Roy's wife Julie said "Words are soldiers. They go out and accomplish what they are sent to do."

When we speak, we set things in motion, whether good or bad. When we compliment someone or their bike, WOW! suddenly they feel better about themselves and you. You might have just taken them out of a depression and set them on the mountain top. "Man! I like that paint job." or "Where did you get the cool idea to add........ to your ride?" Then be prepared to listen at length and enjoy it. These are words that give life to a person. Be ready to speak well to and of a person.

I remember last year going to visit a member of the church. They had been missing a few weeks and I was sincerely concerned. When I got to the door, one of them exclaimed loudly "What happened to YOU? You look aweful!" I don't remember much else of that visit. Words can bring life or kill a person. Be extra careful NOT to speak when you don't have something good to say.

James 1:18 says "Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger."

Have you ever walked away from a 'discussion' with someone, and you had so much more to say. There were some really good zingers you could have nailed them with. Yet you didn't, and possibly saved a ship from sinking. Or have you ever sunk someone elses battleship and lived to regret it. You will be remembered for what you say and what you don't say.

My brother has a good motto over his office door "I shall be positive or silent" That's pretty good. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting closer all the time. Pick your battles and soldiers carefully. Is it really worth fussing about? Can you go to Lowes, and get a ladder, and GET over it? Are you carrying trash in your soul? Did someone do something wrong and you've been carrying that monkey on your back since then? Let it go.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Try to take out the trash before someone else smells your attitude. Get rid of stinkin' thinkin' and you'll be blessed. Remember I'm praying for you. If you need help, drop me a line. I may not have the answer, but I know someone who is.

Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers

Post by whitetrash March 6th 2011, 7:11 am

TU AMEN !-----That one I can really relate to. Thanks Dino. -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Words Are Soldiers

Post by smokum March 6th 2011, 7:22 am

whitetrash wrote: TU AMEN !-----That one I can really relate to. Thanks Dino. -------- Coffee

Absolutely, spot on and Amen. Thanks Dino. Thumbs Up
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 6th 2011, 8:13 am

man ya hit me up along side the head this morning , thanks dino , keep em coming ARK
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eagle March 6th 2011, 9:11 am

Thanks Dino.GOD BLESS
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch March 6th 2011, 9:23 am

Thanks Dino. TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 March 7th 2011, 11:17 am

good stuff Bro. as always!
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down