Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping Life Insurance

5 posters

Go down

Shopping Life Insurance Empty Shopping Life Insurance

Post by Simpleman77 December 22nd 2010, 6:52 am

Gonna buy term and my brother, the biker savant (a story for another time), is an agent for Primerica. He has been trying to recruit me into that organization for almost a year now. He gets pretty obnoxious about it at times. Now, I am talking to him about term insurance. We're meeting in about an hour. I have been looking at other insurers and am finding, once again, that a multi-level marketing company (Primerica) is over priced in their goods and services. I am getting quotes for an additional $100,000 in life insurance for the same money. Most of the other companies have a better AM Best outlook than Primerica too.

This will be a fun breakfast with high pressure to boot. Maybe I'll just throw up on his shoes and walk out. Barf Oh well, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, and sometimes it's better to pick your friends nose and eat it then buy insurance from a family member.

Do y'all have any advice or insights on life insurance? I've heard that term is the best way to go, and I tend to agree. What say y'all?
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Shopping Life Insurance Empty Re: Shopping Life Insurance

Post by NeonLeon December 22nd 2010, 7:10 am

I have term through Genworth Life. I will be covered until I am 70. It was hard to find coverage because I smoked. My rates should be dropping since I quit a year ago.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg December 22nd 2010, 8:39 am

I do the "buy term and invest the rest" thing.
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon December 22nd 2010, 9:09 am

Mine from work expires at the end of the month. I'll be looking. Let me know where you end up going.

Len you might want to look for something now while its cheaper. I mean your gonna be a cranky 100 year old someday......... Na Na
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 22nd 2010, 9:56 am

But ... I'm a cranky 56 year old now ... Shrug
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 December 23rd 2010, 10:03 am

jedishon wrote:Mine from work expires at the end of the month. I'll be looking. Let me know where you end up going.

Jerry, I went with my brother. Bought term insurance because it is the best and most inexpensive deal out there. His is a little pricier, but I have other considerations (fam damily!) and I wanted to keep the peace.

I would suggest, if term insurance fits for you, go to Zander Insurance website and shop what you want. Dave Ramsey talks about this company as being one of the best insurance agencies around. Then go to AM Best website, you'll need to register, and look up each company that is recommended and check their Credit and their Outlook ratings. From what I saw, you can get $350,000 life insurance for under $50 per month. That was me, a 47 year old non smoker in "round" shape. Good luck and let me know if I can help.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon December 23rd 2010, 1:01 pm

Thanks Eric.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist December 25th 2010, 1:53 am

From experience, get as much as you can while you're healthy. I can't get insurance now (reasonably priced). I'm glad we bought it years ago. Just wish we'd bought more.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down