Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him

+3
Silver Eagle
NeonLeon
Psalmist
7 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him

Post by Psalmist December 18th 2010, 11:46 pm

Ever have one of those days (weeks/years) when you're so tired from the week? You just want to go home and rest. Yesterday around 3 pm I got a call at the church from someone that knew me. Lately those type of calls have been for money or a request for........ Seldom do people say "I was just thinking about 'your' church, and decided to send you some money." Anyway, this lady wanted me to go pray for her dying cousin or friend in the ICU. So I asked her a hundred questions (hoping to talk my way out of this). Finally I asked "So, when do you want to meet me there?" And of course she said, "Oh I'm too busy.................. but tonight I guess I could...." I so wanted to ask her if we could do this monday or ........... Then I felt in my spirit what would Jesus do? He lead and leads by His example

. Mark 6:30-44 The apostles gathered together with Jesus; and they reported to Him all that they had done and taught. 31 And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.) 32 They went away in the boat to a secluded place by themselves. 33 The people saw them going, and many recognized them and ran there together on foot from all the cities, and got there ahead of them. 34 When Jesus went ashore He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things. 35 When it was already quite late, His disciples came to Him and said, "This place is desolate and it is already quite late; 36 send them away so that they may go into the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat." 37 But He answered them, "You give them something to eat!" And they said to Him, "Shall we go and spend two hundred denarii on bread and give them something to eat?" 38 And He said to them, "How many loaves do you have? Go look!" And when they found out, they said, "Five, and two fish." 39 And He commanded them all to sit down by groups on the green grass. 40 They sat down in groups of hundreds and of fifties. 41 And He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up toward heaven, He blessed the food and broke the loaves and He kept giving them to the disciples to set before them; and He divided up the two fish among them all. 42 They all ate and were satisfied, 43 and they picked up twelve full baskets of the broken pieces, and also of the fish. 44 There were five thousand men who ate the loaves.

Many times you'll read where Jesus was tired and withdrew to a quiet place, only to find a crowd waiting for Him there. So I stopped doooodling on some paper and asked again where the man was in the ICU. I'm so glad God is patient with me. I almost missed a wonderful experience. I went inside his room and saw an 85 lb man still alert but eaten up by cancer. I explained about the urgency of the moment. When the lady called me earlier, she said they hadn't told him he had cancer. So I couldn't refer to his illness, but gave testimony to my ongoing battle with cancer. I said I wanted to pray a prayer of salvation with him. Expecting resistence, I watched him put his hand upon his heart and say "I'm ready." Slowly and clearly he asked Jesus to forgive him of all his sin and come into his heart. I walked away changed too.

This week you are going to find yourself being stretched. People are going to ask (demand) you to do this and that. What are you going to do? How's YOUR attitude? Are you ready for the next level of blessing/anointing. "Jesus Christ" means the anointed one. You have an anointing to bless or curse those around you. When you are spent, what's going to come up from the core of YOUR heart? Realize or recognise some of these moments are tests. Mess up, and you'll go around that mountain again. Do it right and advance 3 spaces.

God is good...all the time. And all the time......God is good. Remember to keep Christ in Christmas. He IS the reason for the season. ".... and opening their gifts, they worshipped Him."
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him

Post by NeonLeon December 19th 2010, 7:43 am

Thanks Dino ... boy did I need that one!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Jesus, I almost missed Him

Post by Silver Eagle December 19th 2010, 7:46 am

Thanks Dino.MERRY CHRISTMAS
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by trip December 19th 2010, 7:58 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum December 19th 2010, 8:06 am

Thank you. As usual you you know exactly what to say. Thanks for last weeks also, got to that one middle of the week but didn't comment. Excellent post. God bless you and yours, Merry Christmas.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon December 19th 2010, 8:42 am

Amen
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash December 19th 2010, 11:31 am

TU That one makes you Think. Thanks Dino. -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down