Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling

+7
Railrider
actionpack
smokum
Simpleman77
NeonLeon
trip
Psalmist
11 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling

Post by Psalmist November 6th 2010, 10:50 pm

"I'm so overwhelmed! I gotta finish roofing my house. I've got projects everywhere started. My computer is set up with high speed internett and I don't know how to turn it on...." my friend told me friday over stew. I said "You need to buy yourself a new hammer and work on it for just an hour when you get home tonight." 'Oh I got plenty of hammers, but I just don't know where to start. I walk in the house and sit down feeling paralyzed from all the projects waiting for me. So I watch tv till I go to bed.'

How do you eat a 20' tall pink gorilla? One bite at a time. Does the above true story sound familiar? We all get projects started all over the house or in the garage. Then if something gets in the way, often we put it aside and another project begins. Ok maybe "all" is a harsh inacurate term that really doesn't include you. You're one of the oddballs that keep everything in it's place and do one thing at a time. Your tool box looks like a Dr.'s surgical table pre-surgery, and you only have one of each necessary tool. In the corner you have a box of cleaning rags and six tubs of GoJo.

The rest of us have 40 phillips head screwdrivers because they 'walk away' just before you need them. In my half of the garage are stacks of winter projects and Ebay items waiting for spring. Today I decided to add some bling to my bike. Why? Cuz I could. I took off the old rear mudflap that had been scraping on corners and bumps. The lights were cracked and broken that once lit up the sides of it. Everytime we leaned into a corner or went over a bump too fast, it would scrape with with a horrible fingernail on the chalkboard sound. Today I took it off and put on a nice narrow unlit rubber and chrome mudflap. Then we went for a long ride. No noises and all is peaceful.

When you treat yourself or someone else to something nice, it gives you a new start. Maybe you've felt overwhelmed lately by your circumstances. Get online and buy yourself some bling on Ebay. Those chrome grips or a clean new windshield will do wonders at getting you out of that 'funk'. And if you don't need it, get it for someone else and leave your name off of it.

Tonight my wife came home 'loaded for bear'. She was so upset with...................... and so I decided to take her out to a really nice restaurant. As I told her our plans, she said "NO! but this other place we can afford." So we went there and all the junk dissolved in her soup.

1Pe 5:7 -
casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

So take it from Pastor Dino, go get you some bling and put it on the bike. Try and keep the cost under $50. And if your better half throws a fit, blame it on your pastor. You can call me at BR549 (Jr Sample Sales)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeDX6ESys10

I hope you have a great week and make the most of it. Let go of those things that are weighing you down. Give them to Jesus.

Mt 11:29 - "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

Mt 11:30 -
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Remember I'm praying for you.
dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling

Post by trip November 7th 2010, 5:17 am

Thanks Dino. I needed that.

Wow. You know me real well. I am overwhelmed with all I have to do. I try to do a little every day but things seem to grow faster than I can take care of them. The computer is my down fall. I have trouble turning it off.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Add Some Bling

Post by NeonLeon November 7th 2010, 6:39 am

Thanks Dino! Trip ... you should come up north and practice cleaning my garage ...
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 November 7th 2010, 7:00 am

Len, I'll be glad to do that. You just might not like how easily I discard silver things, though. affraid
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 7th 2010, 7:21 am

Thanks Dino
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 7th 2010, 7:24 am

thanks dino , i managed to shove 2 recliners , around the wood stove in the workshop and think about all my projects i'm working on , i have managed to down size my work load down to a hour and a half each day now that cold weather has set in ARK
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider November 7th 2010, 8:02 am

NeonLeon wrote:Thanks Dino! Trip ... you should come up north and practice cleaning my garage ...
Thanks Dino.......or Trip, you can come down and redo my bathroom.
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 7th 2010, 8:35 am

Thanks Dino. Some how I manage to stay ahead of piles of work. When something comes up I schedule when I'm gonna do it, then do it when the time gets here. Keeps me from getting to overloaded.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eagle November 7th 2010, 8:56 am

thanks dino
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by marang November 7th 2010, 9:21 am

Thank you Dino.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 7th 2010, 9:46 am

Thanks Dino. How did you know what my tool box looked like? Suspect
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 7th 2010, 1:53 pm

Joe, I kinda wondered if that might fit you. Being in the service, either you submit to exact order or get out pretty quick. You being a 'lifer' probably are probably more organized than your superiors. Me being more drawn to the artistic/musical; have a tendency to be driven by the wind. Both types need each other. Flat liners need rollercoasters to get them out of ruts and rollercoasters need flatliners to balance them out.

Just don't ask your spouse "Why can't you BE norbal?" There is no such place except in mid IL.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down