Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida Legacy Run

4 posters

Go down

Florida Legacy Run Empty Florida Legacy Run

Post by Simpleman77 May 24th 2014, 8:33 am

I say Florida because we're doing our first annual run here but they are going on all over the country tomorrow. Will be doing our BACA Legacy Run in North Florida, Live Oak/Lake City area to be specific. We are camping at Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park tonight and tomorrow night. I'm heading out on the bike today loaded with camping gear. Will get set up, finish shopping, ride the 128 mile route one last time before tomorrow, grab some dinner in town and then hang at the campground with some BACA peeps for the night. We are doing the 128 miles to honor each of the 128 names on the Legacy list. The Legacy Run is done once a year to honor our fallen members and supporters and also to raise money to assist those families with funeral expenses should they need the help.

Tomorrow, will be at the Dixie Grill to start the sign up around 8:30 A.M., have breakfast and start the sign ups, head out around 11 A.M., do the ride and end up at Good Times on the County Line bar for food and drinks. My buddy Snax and I have spent just at a year setting up this ride weekend and probably ridden 10,000 miles in hammering out the details. It will be a fantastic ride honoring our fallen BACA family members and a great relief when it's over.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Florida Legacy Run Empty Re: Florida Legacy Run

Post by trip May 24th 2014, 1:53 pm

Sounds like a great thing you are doing.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack May 25th 2014, 8:12 pm

yupper eric , glad you can offer up your services to help people  TU 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 May 27th 2014, 6:48 am

Was a great weekend. Personally, I despise camping but did it for two nights. Borrowed a wonderful air mattress from a buddy and that made all the difference.

We had a total of 15 riders show. The weather was great and the 128 miles went off without a hitch. The highlight for me was that Joey, the son of one of our state presidents, Road Dog, who passed from cancer a few years ago, showed up. He and his wife rode up front next to me as honored guests. He rode on Road Dogs Harley.

At the final stop, we had food and drink and live music. We did drawings for a few prizes that were donated and had some great fellowship. As the day wound down, the rain clouds were moving in. Joey and his wife decided to get a hotel room and stay in the area overnight. We went to their hotel to hang out. It was about 20 miles from the campground where several of our tents were still set up. We watched as some very violent storms moved through over about 5 hours. I was frickin' dreading seeing our campsite washed out and everything soaked.

Leaving around 10 at night, I was hoping that the roads had dried out enough to keep from soaking us. Well, as we rode west, the roads dried out completely and when we got to Live Oak, it hadn't even rained there. We hung out until 1 A.M. or so and crashed. Rode home yesterday so tired but incredibly happy that the weekend turned out perfect and we honored our fallen brothers and sisters in high fashion.

Gringo and Wuzzys campsite

Florida Legacy Run GringoCampsite_zps3a9a98fa

Invited to Gringo's campsite for dinner

Florida Legacy Run Dinner_zps76ec7623

Need more fire for S'mores. That's Wuzzy shielding himself from the flames.

Florida Legacy Run Fire_zps1e825a7a

White trash limos...little fuckers ran all night with their 1,000 watt stereos booming though the campground

Florida Legacy Run GolfCarts_zpsd206f71a

The group. Left to right, Flash, guest times six, me, Wuzzy kneeling, Bean, Rich, Gringo, Snax, Blinky, Joey and wife Kelly.

Florida Legacy Run GroupShot_zps578e501e

Weggies Bar, our first stop

Florida Legacy Run WeggiesBar_zpsf496838b

Some of the condoms that were in a bowl on top of the bar

Florida Legacy Run Condoms_zpse2c862d4

Osceola National forest

Florida Legacy Run RideForest_zps93be8933

Florida Legacy Run TurnFastway_zps66b19227

Florida Legacy Run Ride_zpsd81a93af

Me and my buddy Snax relaxing at the next to last stop

Florida Legacy Run MenSnax_zpsc634bd08

Me and Joey up front. Flash on his custom Soft tail.

Florida Legacy Run MenJoey_zps5a5e76ce
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack May 27th 2014, 7:50 am

thanks for shareing the trip eric , looks like your weekend went well Cool 
actionpack
actionpack