Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sunday mornin hope : you omelet

Go down

sunday mornin hope : you omelet Empty sunday mornin hope : you omelet

Post by Psalmist August 31st 2013, 10:16 pm

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in F10 the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

One thing I don't enjoy doing is cooking. Therefore I'm not a good cook. Once in a great while I will cook simple things for Patty and I for breakfast. Some good friends brought by some delicious tomatoes Thursday. Friday morning I decided to make breakfast. I opened the frig and saw all the makings for a great omelet. I diced up some onions, tomatoes, cheese and threw in some ham and bacon in a pan of five eggs and a large spoon of butter. This definitely was NOT a lo cal breakfast. At first it was pretty runny with the juicy tomatoes. I think I put too many onion parts in it because her plate had several moved off to the side. Patty said it was great and I was satisfied. Every once in a while she should be cooked for. My kids are still way better cooks.

As I was chopping and dicing the food, I thought that's how we are. We are so different in so many ways but together we make a pretty good omelet. Some of us are spicy or salty, some are sweet, some are colorful etc. God made each of us with different attributes. Verse 16 speaks of the whole body fitly joined together. In other words we help and accept each other. As Christians we work together and stand with each other against sin. We encourage and admonish each other to live holy lives.

1 Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many. 15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Next time you see someone that looks or acts a little unusual, just smile. There's no two snowflakes alike, but together in a pile or on a hill; they sure make a lot of fun. Enjoy your life in Jesus Christ. Try some new experiences and laugh all the way. One of my friends came in for marriage counseling and gave me a sack of steaks from his ranch. He asked If I wanted to see the cows he has. I said "Sure!" and off we went in his big truck. I learned female cows have horns too. Ellie May is a big brown cow and wouldn't let me scratch her. Suddenly I was in the scene on Wild Hogs. So we got back in the truck and headed home. Life is fun because Jesus Christ makes it that way. Heaven's gonna be a blast!

I hope you have made Jesus Christ your lord and savior. Life is too short not to. Just ask Him to forgive you and come into your heart. Then go to church to learn more and become part of a giant omelet. Have the best week of your life. Enjoy the rest from your "labor" on Monday. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down