Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seek Jesus

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seek Jesus Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Seek Jesus

Post by Psalmist August 18th 2013, 12:04 am

De 4:29 - "But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.

De 12:5 - "But you shall seek the LORD at the place which the LORD your God will choose from all your tribes, to establish His name there for His dwelling, and there you shall come.

Ru 2:12 - "May the LORD reward your work, and your wages be full from the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge."

I don't usually write about church services because this post is generally for those who can't or won't make it to church. But this one time I will make the exception, and it wasn't in a church anyway. There is a group of singers and preachers from Mobile, AL that call themselves the "Bay Revival". No they don't travel with a big tent. Those days were good but long gone.

Several churches in our area were asked to host this two night revival service. It was wonderful and many lives were changed. What I really liked was that it wasn't about a person. It was all about spending time in God's presence. Last night, the big night started about 7 pm. We got there early, about 6 to get good seats. The place was almost full both nights. The meetings were held in a very large convention center. People were very exuberant in worship. Most church services have worship for 1/2 hour. At almost nine o'clock the songs and quiet times were still going on. Again this was being orchestrated by the Holy Spirit and not man. To me it was pure wonderful. I was truly revived. Much of the time was quietly seeking Jesus Christ. Awesome God!

De 12:5 - "But you shall seek the LORD at the place which the LORD your God will choose..

God is speaking face to face to Moses and commands him to seek Him. Why would He do this? Because they were in relationship. Moses knew God and God knew Moses. They spent a lot of time together. God wants that for all of us. He looks for those who will worship Him? We get so busy... correction...we STAY so busy, almost too busy to hear God calling us away. He wants us to seek Him...all the time; even in WalMart. I like the way David put it in Psalms 27.

8 When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You,
"Your face, O LORD, I shall seek."

Maybe God gets tired of people always 'asking' for stuff. We often seek His hands to help or give us something. Some make God a Santa Claus and are faithful to bring a list. Yes, He wants us to ask, but not that only. Imagine spending an hour a day just reading His Word and listening for His voice. I think He would like that. Some of you are disciplined to do better than that. 'Good on ya!' For some, 20 minutes is great. He just wants us to seek Him. Tommy Tenney (God Chasers) illustrated this well. He played 'hide and seek' with his daughter when she was small. He'd hide behind a door with his foot sticking out. She would find him every time. God doesn't hide too deep. He never said 'You might find me.' But, there is a condition. It can't be a lazy search. 'With all your heart' is pretty clear.

On my recent ride to Sturgis and Colorado I had plenty of time to spend with God. Beholding His splendor in the fields, mountains and springs was a wonderful backdrop to seeking Him. Many times He moved storms where we were heading. In some places it rained heavy just before we got there or after we left. I mean this happened several days in a row. I believe we can walk or ride in His favor. Are we special to Him? Yup! We all are. How awesome is that? He's really crazy about you and He never pushed you away.

You might feel God abandoned you or He surely wouldn't have let this happen to you or someone else. Or you might have said "Well if there's a God, why doesn't He.....?" He does a lot while you sleep and hopes you notice it later. On our trip to Custer State Park I got so frustrated. Have you ever noticed your GPS takes you the slow way? God saved us from a motorcycle wreck just minutes before we got there. God is really watching out for you. Slow down and smell the tea. I hate coffee. But I make it for my wife every morning, and yes it does smell great. Look at what you do have. You have a friend that sticks closer than a brother. His name is Jesus Christ. He's really cool and easy to talk to.

One of my favorite singers Larry Norman told us a story (in concert) about a time when he was talking to a man drunk. As the conversation went on, Larry asked him if he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. The man got really excited "Yes!" So Larry said 'Just repeat after me.' Dear Jesus...." The man closed his eyes and said "Dear Jesus, I'm so @$#%^$ up right now." Larry looked at him then at God thinking 'Can he say that?' Well God probably laughed too. He's not too concerned or impressed with 'King James' prayers anyway.

Jesus Christ is looking for those who will seek him and give Him their whole heart. He doesn't beg anyone. He's not desperate for souls. We are desperate for Him. Salvation is not a time filler or fire insurance, it's a life change to something a whole lot better. You're still alive today because He has something better for you. Humble yourselves in His sight and He will lift you up. Cry out to him for help. Seek His face and you will find Him. Don't stop.

If you're a Christian, don't stop. Don't stop looking for people to pray with and share Jesus! Yesterday we went back to Sam's for supplies. I found this elderly saleslady that I had prayed for a few weeks ago. She said "I've been looking for you. I need prayer. This place is chaos." I was so glad I took the time to listen to the Spirit while in Sam's. She gave me a big hug and it really made my day. Don't stop. When people tell you to take your religion somewhere else, maybe that's exactly where you're supposed to be sharing His hope and promises. Share the Truth about glory, love, and tormenting hell fires. Keep it in balance. Jesus talked about hell a lot, but also about heaven. Don't stop.

I hope this is the best riding season of your life! Summer's almost over and fall is great to ride in. Remember I'm praying for you!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down