Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away

Post by Psalmist August 5th 2012, 12:14 am

King David wrote in Psalm 8:

1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; 8 The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas. 9 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

A great friend, Patty and myself have been on our bikes for the past week on vacation and having a blast (literally). We (five originally) blasted out of church last Sunday at 11:30 and headed for Sturgis. But the blast of 108' heat turned one couple back home after two hours. Not willing to give up, we three pursued on to St Joseph for the night. Tommy rides a gl1800 trike and pulls a Bunkhouse trailer. Patty and I ride a 1800 wing and are pulling a borrowed Bunkhouse that has a king size bed in it. How awesome. The trip has been so hot at times (105 several days) that it was hard to breath and think straight. We have had the best of times also. We camped at Custer State Park (near Sturgis) for three nights. Before our trip, I told Patty how all these buffalo would come near and how big they were..... so she was pretty excited to see this. Well as it turned out we only saw one buffalo the first two days there. I felt kinda foolish for 'exaggerating' my previous experience in Custer a few years earlier. Well on our last day in Custer a huge heard of snorting buffalo came thru our campground. It took Patty's breath away (mine too)!! There must've been 100+ buffalo coming to graze just over the fence from our campsite!!!!! Patty was praying to see buffalo. I think when Patty prays, God takes notes. There were so many buffalo that when we broke camp, we had to wait for them to clear the road. A momma and calf were running around Tommy's trike. I wish I had a camera up close. God has a great sense of humor! Next stop was Fort Collins, CO with some great friends. The wind coming across Wyoming was strong and wore us out. I fell asleep on the bike for a split second on a curve. So we took some time at a gas station. Again a wonderful visit and on to Colo Springs to stay with some more friends. Colorado has alot of awesome people. Some of which I didn't have time to stop and visit. The winds were blowing so hard we barely kept 'it' on the road and a big storm was coming down the mountains in our path. Patty and I began to pray hard and ask God to move the storm away from our path. I felt the Lord tell me (not audibly) 'You speak to the storm.' So we did. I said 'Storm, You move north and rain on someone else. Wind, settle down. Peace Be still.' And it did. God hears and answers prayer because of faith.

Mr 11:23 -

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Mr 11:24 -
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Today was our biggest challenge of the whole trip- Pikes Peak. I thought 'Tail of the Dragon' was hard. This I believe is the ultimate ride. It took us
at least an hour to ascend the mountain. The bike was overheating badly. Again Patty and I started praying fervent and effectual prayers and thanking God for helping us get there (even before we got there).

Jas 5:16 -
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I am nothing in myself, but with God all things are possible. To God be ALL the glory. Once we got to the top it was truly breathtaking. I could barely breath because of the thin air. But also the work of God in creating all these wonderful sights truly takes your breath away. My goal is to
stay overwhelmed by the power and beauty of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. Let His presence take your breath away. If God did all this in 6 days, WOW! Imagine what heaven looks.... like. Breathless. I hope you have fantastic week! We leave Colorado Springs in the morning for home. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away

Post by whitetrash August 5th 2012, 12:28 pm

TU Thanks Dino, also very glad that you had a FUN and SAFE trip.----- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Takes your breath away

Post by jaarch August 5th 2012, 8:32 pm

Sounds like a wonderful trip so far. Thanks Dino and ride safe.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack August 8th 2012, 9:25 pm

thanks for the message dino , sounds like pattie and you had a great time , too bad it was so hot , that kind of heat fryes my mind , Cold
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down