Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out Of Work

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out Of Work Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out Of Work

Post by Psalmist October 1st 2011, 11:09 pm

Hallmark has started a new line of sympathy cards for those who've been let go from their jobs. What do you do when you lose your job?

1. You can become 'postal' and come back to get revenge by shooting up the place. (not intended to criticize anyone working for the great postal service) Some people can't handle the pressure of being let go, so they go crazy and violent.

2. You can go into deep depression (after stopping by the welfare bld and applying for unemployment) and shut yourself up in your bedroom for ..... only coming out for Domino's pizza.

3. You can write letters to the editor and your previous employer describing how terrible you were treated and promising a lawsuit for discrimination. It might feel good for the moment, BUT will limit how many future job interviews you could have locally. What other people say about you is more valuable than what you say about you.

OR

4. Start over. Work a plan to do what you've always wanted to do. If you're good at working with your hands, start a company "Bill's Bikes"!! Look at the cool job a friend of mine did with a can of coke!!

http://img192.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img192/1732/1315086376kha.smil

You and I have been to craft fairs and seen these things made from unusual cans or bottles. Sometimes they make lamp shades or clocks out of them. I'm just saying, if you're talented like Bill; you can't stop now.

When I had a music store, I couldn't afford to buy into a big franchise speaker company. The buy in was $20,000 and you had to re order every year. So, I started my own line of speakers I built myself. I called them "Hot" speakers and sold quite a few. My biggest set was 2-18"s per box and made two of them. Man they were heavy and loud! But I'm getting ahead of myself. I started working in a very small Christian book/music store in 1982. We sold Bibles, books and records. The part of town we were in was getting worse because of several soup kitchens near by. Slowly the business was tanking. I asked the manager and owner if I could start selling guitars there and maybe boost sales. So I went downtown and got a retail license and bought one guitar wholesale. That night I put it in the front window. Sure enough, a 'smash and grab' took place and my entire inventory was gone. A month later I was 'let go'. Not willing to give up I contacted my insurance and they gave me the value of it. So I bought two more and some strings. Fifteen years later I sold the three story retail business and inventory for over $85,000.

What I'm trying to say is, Don't give up! Follow your dreams. If you've always wanted to be a ________, then give it a try. Shoot for the stars and you may land on the roof. Shoot for the roof and you'll never get off the ground. You might have to deliver Domino's for a year or two while the business grows. Be patient and persistent.

Ro 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

What is the desire of your heart? If I had a million $$$$ and gave it to you on the condition you had to invest it in a business you WANTED to work; what would it be? Too many people work in jobs they hate, but are scared to move on to what they always dreamed of. I enjoyed the movie of Don Knotts where he always wanted to be a fish, then became one.

Habakkuk 2:2
2:2 - Then the LORD answered me and said: "Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it.

Don't just have visions and dreams. Write them down and run with them. Are you too old? Maybe. You decide that.

Mr 9:23 - Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."

Php 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

In the midst of the depression, Harland Sanders opens his first restaurant in the small front room of a gas station in Corbin, Kentucky. Sanders serves as station operator, chief cook and cashier and names the dining area "Sanders Court & Café."
Kentucky Governor Ruby Laffoon makes Harland Sanders an honorary Kentucky Colonel in recognition of his contributions to the state's cuisine.
The Sanders Court & Café adds a motel and expands the restaurant to 142 seats.
The Sanders Court & Café is first listed in Duncan Hines' "Adventures in Good Eating."
Fire destroys The Sanders Court & Café, but it is rebuilt and reopened.
The pressure cooker is introduced. Soon thereafter Colonel Sanders begins using it to fry his chicken to give customers fresh chicken, faster.
Birthdate of the Original Recipe

The Colonel begins actively franchising his chicken business by traveling from town to town and cooking batches of chicken for restaurant owners and employees.
The Colonel awards Pete Harman of Salt Lake City with the first KFC franchise. A handshake agreement stipulates a payment of a nickel to Sanders for each chicken sold.
An interstate highway is built to bypass Corbin, Kentucky. Sanders sells the service station on the same day that he receives his first social security check for $105. After paying debts owed, he is virtually broke. He decides to go on the road to sell his Secret Recipe to restaurants.
Kentucky Fried Chicken first sold in buckets
The Colonel's hard work on the road begins to pay off and there are 190 KFC franchisees and 400 franchise units in the U.S. and Canada.
Kentucky Fried Chicken has more than 600 franchised outlets in the United States, Canada and the first overseas outlet, in England.
Sanders sells his interest in the U.S. company for $2 million to a group of investors headed by John Y. Brown Jr., future governor of Kentucky. The Colonel remains a public spokesman for the company.
Colonel Sanders receives the Horatio Alger Award from the American Schools and Colleges Association.
The Kentucky Fried Chicken Corporation goes public.
The Kentucky Fried Chicken Corporation is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
More than 3,500 franchised and company-owned restaurants are in worldwide operation when Heublein Inc. acquires KFC Corporation.
An independent survey ranks the Colonel as the world's second most recognizable celebrity.
Colonel Sanders speaks before a U.S. Congressional Committee on Aging. 1979
KFC cooks up 2.7 billion pieces of chicken. There are approximately 6,000 KFC restaurants worldwide with sales of more than $2 billion.
SO.... Dream on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Qd9VR1gD8&feature=related

I'm praying for you to have awesome week. Get out and ride before the white stuff blows in. If you need special prayer, drop me a line.

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out Of Work Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Out Of Work

Post by Simpleman77 October 2nd 2011, 1:22 pm

Thank you Dino. I'm already doing, in part, what I feel that God has built me to do. I love real estate. I love everything about it. I am moving forward with little trepidation , alot of trust that He will hold me in His hand and the knowledge that I am doing what God has built me to do. Thanks for your encouragement.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist October 2nd 2011, 2:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am05yZehlAM

Praying for you Eric! You're going to make it.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack October 2nd 2011, 7:58 pm

good words straight from your heart , dino , thanks , sounds like you have a plan eric , good luck with it ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum October 2nd 2011, 10:52 pm

Thanks Dino, movin' forward.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter