Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cool

5 posters

Go down

cool Empty cool

Post by tcarp66 April 3rd 2011, 9:26 am

Hey I saw this on the OA, they were talkin pipes. You can listen to what certain pipes will sound like on your bike. I kinda like the way the Speedster Slashdowns sound on mine

http://www.cobrausa.com/index.php
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

cool Empty Re: cool

Post by jaarch April 3rd 2011, 9:58 am

That is a very cool site. I like the sound of the slashdowns as well. My only issue with aftermarket pipes is they are all way too loud for my taste. I'm running the Kiwi mod on mine and even they are a little loud for me sometimes.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 April 3rd 2011, 10:04 am

jaarch wrote:That is a very cool site. I like the sound of the slashdowns as well. My only issue with aftermarket pipes is they are all way too loud for my taste. I'm running the Kiwi mod on mine and even they are a little loud for me sometimes.

Kiwi mod???
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch April 3rd 2011, 10:08 am

tcarp66 wrote:
jaarch wrote:That is a very cool site. I like the sound of the slashdowns as well. My only issue with aftermarket pipes is they are all way too loud for my taste. I'm running the Kiwi mod on mine and even they are a little loud for me sometimes.

Kiwi mod???

Take the tips off of the mufflers and cut the back of the muffler off (the whole third chamber is removed. There is a tube that runs from the second chamber to the third and you break the cap off of that. Once you are done you can see all the way through the muffler. It has a really nice rumble and it will bark pretty loud when you get on it. You can find the details on the OA. I'll look for the link in a minute. I have to go get the baby up.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch April 3rd 2011, 10:21 am

OK here's the link. The only other thing I did was instead of using screws to put my muffler tips back on, I had them tack welded. Enjoy.

Kiwi Mod
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 April 3rd 2011, 10:31 am

Woooo....thats a little involved for me ( no garage anymore ) What about the Clayton mod? Has anyone here done it or heard what it sounds like??
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch April 3rd 2011, 10:53 am

tcarp66 wrote:Woooo....thats a little involved for me ( no garage anymore ) What about the Clayton mod? Has anyone here done it or heard what it sounds like??

Do you have anywhere you can take the mufflers to work on them? They come off really easily and the mod does not take that much time. You do need a sawsall with a long metal cutting blade and some towels to protect the chrome. I wish you were closer you could drop by and we would git r' done in no time. The Clayton mod is what I started with and I wanted more almost right away so I went with the Deep Clayton and about a week later, I did the Kiwi mod and have been happy (mostly) ever since. Like I said before, sometimes I think it is too loud but I usually hear a bike go by with aftermarket pipes and I feel much better about mine. 7, 1/2 inch holes is definitely the sweet spot for the Clayton if you decide to go that route.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 April 3rd 2011, 10:55 am

I will prolly start with Clayton Mod and see........I can always do Kiwi mod later!!
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg April 5th 2011, 3:35 am

tcarp66 wrote:Woooo....thats a little involved for me ( no garage anymore ) What about the Clayton mod? Has anyone here done it or heard what it sounds like??

That was the first mod I done. It's really easy and give the bike a little rumble. I'd recommend it to everybody that has stock pipes.
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by trip April 5th 2011, 4:46 am

I'm running the Speedster Slashdowns and wouldn't go back. Sounds great to my ears.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 April 5th 2011, 4:48 am

trip wrote:I'm running the Speedster Slashdowns and wouldn't go back. Sounds great to my ears.

I like the sound of those also!! But the Clayton or Kiwi mod is priced right.... TU
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by trip April 5th 2011, 5:03 pm

tcarp66 wrote:
trip wrote:I'm running the Speedster Slashdowns and wouldn't go back. Sounds great to my ears.

I like the sound of those also!! But the Clayton or Kiwi mod is priced right.... TU
A big thing for me was I didn't like the look of those big assed mufflers hanging off the side of the bike.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist April 7th 2011, 12:36 am

I had a set of speedster shorts on my retro and later Neo 1800's. They had a pleasing sound and I found them on ebay for about 200. My objection to drilling or cutting stock pipes was they sounded lousy. I had done that to my vulcan and nomad. It was just louder and less efficient. But they didn't cost anything to mod Wink
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down