Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's the parents

+3
whitetrash
jaarch
tcarp66
7 posters

Go down

Where's the parents Empty Where's the parents

Post by tcarp66 January 27th 2011, 7:34 am

Did ya'll hear about the boy in Alaska dying from exposure as he was walking home from a friends house? Temp was minus 50 degrees and 70 mph wind gusts!! His parents and the parents of the friend should be charged ( IMO ) I dont care if it's Alaska or not. No one should be walking in those coonditions!! It's hard for me to fathom the thinking of letting this boy walk home Evil or Very Mad
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Where's the parents Empty Re: Where's the parents

Post by jaarch January 27th 2011, 8:23 am

Unbelievable!
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash January 27th 2011, 8:50 am

Suspect Shrug I would like to hear the " FULL " story.-------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch January 27th 2011, 9:58 am

(Reuters) - A 14-year-old boy from the western Alaska village of Kipnuk died from exposure over the weekend after attempting to walk home in severe winter weather, the Alaska State Troopers said.

Brandon Anaver was last seen alive when he left a friend's house Sunday, according to the trooper dispatch report. Weather at the time was reported at minus-50 degrees, with winds up to 70 miles an hour.

A local search was launched when the boy failed to arrive at home. The search team tried to follow his tracks in the snow, but the high winds and bad weather foiled that effort, troopers said.

The team also went house to house in the village and issued calls over the radio, the troopers said.

Anaver was found on Monday afternoon, about 1.5 miles downriver from Kipnuk, a Yupik Eskimo village of about 670 people located near the Bering Sea coast.

There were no signs of foul play, and the death was attributed to exposure, according to the trooper report.

Trooper spokesman Megan Peters said an investigation is under way, but that the boy was wearing "fall-weight clothing." He lived about a quarter of a mile away from his friend's house, she said.

"The wind was to his back blowing pretty hard. He may have missed his turn and not realized it and just kept walking until the cold stopped him in his tracks," she said in an email. "It doesn't take long for hypothermia to set in, especially when you are not dressed for the weather."

Troopers are attempting to fly to the village to continue the investigation, she said.

Meanwhile, the trooper dispatch report contains another apparent exposure death in the same region of the state in recent days.

According to the dispatch report, the body of a 70-year-old man was found on Saturday near the high school at Saint Mary's, a Yupik village of about 550 near the mouth of the Yukon River.

The victim was identified as Charlie George. Alcohol appears to have been a factor, and no foul play was suspected, the trooper report said.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 January 27th 2011, 1:01 pm

Not an excuse but, that's a different culture. There's no telling how many times people do that on a regular basis and don't have any problems.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by trip January 27th 2011, 4:51 pm

Simpleman77 wrote:Not an excuse but, that's a different culture. There's no telling how many times people do that on a regular basis and don't have any problems.
I agree with Eric. The boy had probably made that trip many times. He just made a mistake.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist January 27th 2011, 10:48 pm

That's really sad news. I'm sure everyone is hurting. Prayers for the family.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 January 28th 2011, 8:45 am

The authorities say the boy was only wearing Fall weather gear! I understand this is Alaska...diff. culture and all that but C'mon man......Minus 50 and 70 mph winds. The boy was only 14 yrs old. This is very sad and there is something about this that makes me upset. No human being could survive those conditions for more than a few minutes
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 January 28th 2011, 8:51 am

Agreed. Me thinks there is more to this story than is being reported. Perhaps the boy HAD to be home, or he was out when he shouldn't have been and was trying to get back before the parents found out or something.

Agreed, though. Tragic and totally preventable. Keep eyes on your kids and go out of your way to know what they are thinking. They are a blessing from God and are irreplaceable.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack January 28th 2011, 12:48 pm

this is a sad death , but have ya seen kids today , they think its cool to run around half dressed because there friends do it , i'm sure this young lad had closes to cope with this kind of weather , and decided to be cool , and it ended up killing him , befor we blame the parents , we need to know more ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 29th 2011, 7:02 pm

as a guy who grew up in Alaska I can say that I have traveled in that kind of temps in that kind of gear more then a few times those kinds winds only a couple when I was that kids age and no one gave it a second thought Alaska is a whole other country Brothers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum