Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about Hooking-up

4 posters

Go down

Thinking about Hooking-up Empty Thinking about Hooking-up

Post by smokum January 22nd 2011, 10:20 am

Annual get-together that is. Anyone come up with a good idea yet? I am thinking of a trip out west again this summer. Gonna be a grandpa again in august or september. Joe, i'll let ya know so as to see what we can work out.
I know, this suppose to be in 'ride and events' but i wanted everyone to give their 2 cents
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Thinking about Hooking-up Empty Re: Thinking about Hooking-up

Post by jaarch January 22nd 2011, 12:40 pm

Cool, Just let me know. We are planning a trip to Texas but have not decided on any dates yet.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldwingDave January 22nd 2011, 8:14 pm

Jeff, per my thread in Ride and Events, a few weeks ago I was planning on Kelly and I being in Montrose, Co. for the Goldwing get-together in Sept till I got to thinking I did not want to stay in the same motel 3 days but instead using these days maybe doing a Colorado Springs-Rockies/Denver-Cheyenne/Mt. Rushmore-Needles Highway area.
Beginning of the trip, I am thinking of possibly of us stopping, if not staying in Little Rock, Ar the first night(340 miles/8Hr.), Oklahoma City the second (if not the first) (680/12Hr.)
Kelly had knee surgery a few weeks ago and her back is not real great and I have been advising her to get conditioned a little everyday. She wants to trailer or u-haul most of the trip which I am for and against. It is easier to trailer or drive a truck 1K miles than on a motorcycle.
Would be nice for a Biker Haven Forum member one stop get together maybe in the future.
GoldwingDave
GoldwingDave
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist January 24th 2011, 12:23 am

Hey Dave, Little Rock is about 2 hrs away. You're welcome to bed down here for the night. We have lots of room.
Last August we did Sturgis with stops in St Jo, MO, Mitchell SD, Custer SD, Denver CO, Colo Springs CO, Amarillo TX, and home (Fort Smith AR.). We could meet up at a good BBQ place just east of here or ride to it from home. Have you got a link on the GW get-together? I am determined to make CA this summer some time!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldwingDave January 24th 2011, 8:02 pm

Dino, the GW Rockies Gold Get Together http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269514
is in Sept. @ Montrose, Co. The reason I decided not to make it was Kelly and I could leave anytime before Sept., see other places that I wanted to see like Estes Park, Rocky Mt., Denver and Cheyenne again. I was out there in '73 and have always wanted to go back.
Kelly and I talked about Sturgis, Mt. Rushmore and Needles Highway.
Still early planning. I am still looking @ the distance between possible stops for the amount of time we are going to be gone. If we are going to go I-40, I-70, different routes back and all. If she backs out and I decide to still do it. I appreciate the offer of the overnight stay. I am the kind that can sleep under an overpass for 3 hours and be good for another 12 plus a campground while gone but don't know about Kelly.
GoldwingDave
GoldwingDave
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down