Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Point Handguns

5 posters

Go down

Hi Point Handguns Empty Hi Point Handguns

Post by jedishon January 21st 2011, 11:04 pm

Any one have anything on these? I've read that they are heavy, accurate, cumbersome, dependable. But would like to know what my brothers think. Would be used for CCW and home protection.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Hi Point Handguns Empty Re: Hi Point Handguns

Post by smokum January 22nd 2011, 9:45 am

Can't tell ya anything about the Hi Point. Sleep with the Sig P229. Because its a 9mm (not my favorite round), double stack (prefer single), don't like cleaning it, and it has the Crimson Trace grips (like the dot, hate plastic grips).
When the kids were little, slept with an aluminum bat. This too sawed off, just like the old 870 Express. (legal 19.5") ...still sleep with the bat.
DH2

Those were the good ol' days...before the fishin' boat tipped over and i lost all the guns. Rolling Eyes
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider January 22nd 2011, 9:56 am

I have never had one, but I personnaly would not use one for ccw. I have heard some bad things about them. Failure to feed and just not well built.

I carry a kahr CW45. It is a single stack .45acp. It is about the size of the nid size glock.

Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon January 22nd 2011, 10:25 am

Keltec .380 / Crimson Trace in a pocket holster and a Smith Ultra Lite .38 in an ankle holster for ccw. I have a Mossberg 12 gauge pump for home defense. If a Hi Point is heavy you don't want it for a CCW ... IMHO
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash January 22nd 2011, 11:11 am

Shocked Here we go again. Jerry, I did not mention my Hi-Point in the P. M. I have the C-9 that I got a couple of years ago for $125.00 brand new with extra mag and the Hard Case. I use it for a Truck Gun. It is a Big, Bulky, Ugly firearm that is not comfortable for concealed carry. However it goes Bang when I pull the trigger and has a Lifetime Warranty. Is it the Best Choice for Home Protection, No. However if you are on a Budget and Hi-Point is what you can afford go for it. The Hi-Point forums on their site has tons of Great Information.

Can you get a Hi-Point that is a P.O.S. with problems ? Hell Yes and the same can be said for Smith,Colt, Sig, Taurus, Ruger and any other make.-------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon January 22nd 2011, 11:42 am

I saw a Hi Point 380 that was the same size as Kathy's 25. Very easy to hide.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum