Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headed to Boltimore.

+3
jedishon
whitetrash
trip
7 posters

Go down

Headed to Boltimore. Empty Headed to Boltimore.

Post by trip July 2nd 2010, 9:55 am

Not so good news. Dr. Habibi at Johns Hopkins has advised against Joan having surgery. Said it will do no good in the long run. He wants to talk with Joan and I togather so we have an appointment at his office in Boltimore Tue. morning. We have cancled J's surgery that was supposed to be done this Tue. He is wanting to do a study on J's case because it is unique.

During the same trip I have an appointment with a urologist at JH on Wed. morning for a second openion. I have all scans, reports, biopsy and Dr's notes to take with me. If I am reading it right, the report on the scans looks good as far as the cancer having not spread outside the prostate. That makes it much more treatable. All this crap is driving me nuts.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Headed to Boltimore. Empty Re: Headed to Boltimore.

Post by whitetrash July 2nd 2010, 10:03 am

Prayers and Good Thoughts continue. Hope you get some Good News. ---------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon July 2nd 2010, 11:02 am

I can only walk in my own shoes. Some times the Lord fills my plate up and then dumps a little more on, making me stretch and grow to the bursting point, but never giving me more than I can handle. I have had 2 different types of blood disorders. The first was incurable and the max life span was 10 years. I held together as long as I could, but one evening I decided to give the problem to the Lord and asked him to take care of it for me. That was in 1991.
The second problem was my white blood cells thought my red cells were infected so they were killing them off before my body could use them. I ended up in intensive care, not sure how long I was there. The doctor said I wouldn't have lasted another day without their help. They ended up taking out my spleen, gave me 3 or 4 blood transfusions. The first one I had a bad reaction to. I guess the nurses were shaking me to try and get me to wake up, Kathy didn't expect me to make it through the night. She called all our relatives and posted prayer requests online. My Lord listened and brought me through in flying colors. I had to go through some chemo treatments, but my hair came back really soft. God is awesome and will push you to the limit, but will not let you break.
Prayers for you and your wife will continue until they are no longer needed.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by fcsnuffy July 2nd 2010, 12:26 pm

have a safe trip wes and may the lord watch over you and joan.
fcsnuffy
fcsnuffy
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2249
Location : ft. cobb oklahoma, just southwest of the center of the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 2nd 2010, 3:11 pm

Prayers sent that you receive positive answers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack July 2nd 2010, 9:15 pm

trip we wish the very best news u and joan can get , prayers sent bro
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyedorange July 2nd 2010, 10:14 pm

Thinking of you and Joan. Prayers sent Wes. Be strong.
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by SynfullArkie78 July 2nd 2010, 11:19 pm

trip wrote:Not so good news. Dr. Habibi at Johns Hopkins has advised against Joan having surgery. Said it will do no good in the long run. He wants to talk with Joan and I togather so we have an appointment at his office in Boltimore Tue. morning. We have cancled J's surgery that was supposed to be done this Tue. He is wanting to do a study on J's case because it is unique.

During the same trip I have an appointment with a urologist at JH on Wed. morning for a second openion. I have all scans, reports, biopsy and Dr's notes to take with me. If I am reading it right, the report on the scans looks good as far as the cancer having not spread outside the prostate. That makes it much more treatable. All this crap is driving me nuts.
Have faith honey and keep god close , I know where your coming from on this , my cousin who had been an alcoholic for 12 years , this past year found out he had a terminal brain cancer . The only way to keep him alive was surgery every 2 -3 months because it is fast growing . We prayed for him , we kept god close , we begged and pleaded and he heard our cries . He recently went to the doctor knock on wood and thank you god there was no sign of cancer or tumor !!!! You and Joan both have a special place in my heart , I will be praying hard and crying harder !!!! Need anything just let me know ! I will do my best ! love ya'll !
SynfullArkie78
SynfullArkie78
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down