Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said?

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said? Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said?

Post by Psalmist March 2nd 2013, 6:42 pm

Mt 26:74 -
Then he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, "I do not know the man." And immediately the cock crowed.

Mr 14:72 -
And immediately the cock crowed a second time. And Peter remembered how Jesus had said to him, "Before the cock crows twice, you will deny me three
times." And he broke down and wept.

Lu 22:60 -
But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are saying." And immediately, while he was still speaking, the cock crowed.

Joh 18:27 -
Peter again denied it; and at once the cock crowed.

You can tell alot about a person by what they say and how they say it. After living in Arkansas for almost 15 years, the accents are almost gone. At least it seem that way most of the time. After watching one of our Easter productions on dvd I had to laugh. The Roman soldiers were driving Jesus with whips down one of the aisles in the sanctuary. As they mocked Jesus you sure could tell they were from Arkansas. Wow what accents those soldiers had! I think it's also funny that many Bible movies have the 12 disciples and Jesus with strong British accents. Maybe they sound more "King James'ish". In the above scriptures Peter is accused of being with Jesus. "The way you talk gives you away." said one of his accusers. Peter had a strong Gallilean accent like Jesus and people saw Peter with him also. Still he denied Jesus and Jesus looked at him when the cock crowed. Peter left weeping for what he did and possibly for what he didn't do. He could have stepped up and agreed with them with confidence, but he didn't. Before this time Jesus had told his disciples exactly what was going to happen with his death and resurection. He called Simon Peter 'the rock' and he was going to build his church on him. I'm sure Peter felt like everything but a rock that night. Somehow Jesus sees in us things we don't see. We look at our circumstances and doubt and fear try to take over. Jesus sees our challenges and gives us a plan with hope to overcome them. Give no place to fear and doubt.

2Ti 1:7
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

It's pretty funny to hear what people say when in a crisis. They begin to claim this doubt and fear to almost rule their lives. "Well my biggest fear..........." Don't ever call it yours. Fear is a spirit and torments people everywhere. Be careful what you say and claim for yourself. You can overcome fear. You can also overcome depression. Recognize it and deal with it.

Isa 61:3
To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Put on praise and sing thru the problems. I know that sounds crazy, but it sure is more fun and do-able. Don't let setbacks ruin your plan. Learn from them and move forward.

1Th 5:18
in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus to you-ward.

Thank God for the good times, and seek wisdom in the bad times. In all things good and/or bad REJOICE! Rejoice in the Lord always.
Ps 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.

Have a great week and speak well of others and yourself. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said?

Post by trip March 3rd 2013, 6:27 am

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said? Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Something I said?

Post by actionpack March 4th 2013, 8:34 am

good message dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist March 9th 2013, 6:25 pm

Thanks guys! Blessings on all of you and your families.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum