Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ouch big time

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ouch big time Empty ouch big time

Post by actionpack December 17th 2013, 5:56 am

had ruff evening last nite , went out to buck wood up , had back brace on , bent over to saw me some wood and boom , i'v had a umbililical hernia for years , when I bent over , the back brace put so much pressure on my intestines they popped out thru my belly button , talk about instance pain and cramps , i'v never had anything hurt so bad in my life , wife was gone shopping , so I tuffed it out tell she got home , took a quick shower and off we went to ER , they give me a couple of shots for pain and to relax me , then the doc took and pushed down hard on button and pushed my intestines back inside , when he did this , I felt like a door close inside me when the tear closed and my intestines were back inside me , I was one happy old fart , wearing a support belt tell I go see my family doctor , to setup a date to get this hole repaired , everything is on hold , no lifting , bending , standing very long at a time , but I'm one happy camper for now , the pain level is down to where I can deal with it , yahoo ,  affraid affraid ARK 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

ouch big time Empty Re: ouch big time

Post by trip December 17th 2013, 7:05 am

Dang Bill hate to hear that.  I guess there is no good time for it to happen but right before Christmas sux.  Glad your pain level is down and hope you get fixed soon.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 17th 2013, 9:13 am

trip wrote:Dang Bill hate to hear that.  I guess there is no good time for it to happen but right before Christmas sux.  Glad your pain level is down and hope you get fixed soon.
yes it sucks big time , I'm not a idle person , guess i'll have to grin and bare it for awhile tell they get me back up and running again , will have to find something easy to do tell the repair  Thumbs Up 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 December 17th 2013, 2:10 pm

Sorry to hear. Like Trip said, glad your pain level is down and you're on the mend.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 17th 2013, 2:14 pm

Well you old fart ...  I had mine repaired last March. Same damn thing ... umbilical hernia. I had mine fixed before it got as bad as yours. When the operation is over ... you will not have a belly button ... nope ... gone for good. My boy said that it makes me an alien.  Shrug I told my wife that I am going to get a tattoo of a button put there .... she voted no ... her vote is the only one that counts.  Rolling Eyes  Make sure you ask the doc if he is using mesh for the repair. There was a brand of mesh that was recalled because of problems. Also ... lose some weight ... it helps remove some of the pressure.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 17th 2013, 5:37 pm

I was on my way down on weight lenny , lost 20 lbs well cutting wood , gonna try and keep it off tell I can get back to excersizeing , i'v had this hernia for 10 yrs or more , nevever dreamed this would happen , been reading about this on the net , they are worried about the mesh repairs , a lot of people have had problems with the mesh , hope they have got this problem fixed , my sister has had 2 operations where the mesh was used and she has had no problems with it so far , maybe it mite have something to do with the gene pool , don't know , but thanks for the words of advice , I'm concerned , don't want to have to have this done but once , are you doing ok with yours and how long did it lay you up after your surgery , I don't like being layed up , I have to many things to do in life , got no time for this kicking back and watching my wife take care of my share of the load around here , she isn't a well women herself , she was suppose to go and get set up for her surgery , bummer big time  , had to jump ahead of her and put hers after I get healed up , we both can't be down at the same time , Bang Bang
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 17th 2013, 5:53 pm

I was off work for 5 weeks Bill. I think they were just being careful because I felt good after the second week. They took the staples out after 3 weeks. I was told that the mesh was a "brand related" problem. They did use mesh on mine and I have been ok. The only problem I had was my first night at home. I was talking to my wife and daughter sitting at the kitchen table. I coughed and told my wife to call the doc because I just popped something loose inside. He told me not to eat and to come to the hospital the next morning. At the hospital he told me he has NEVER had any stitches come out but because I said I felt it he wanted to open me back up and look. Well ..... he can't say "NEVER" anymore ... cause one of mine tore loose.

Really though there wasn't much to mine, but I never had a big tear like you described. Study up and ask questions. I will be glad to answer any that you ask ... but you may need to jog my memory.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 17th 2013, 6:00 pm

I forgot to mention ... they took my stitches out and that day I went for a 50 mile ride on the Harley.

At times ... my wife calls me a "Belly Button-less Freak".

I told her I prefer to be called one of the "Un-Buttoned".  Cool 
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 17th 2013, 7:24 pm

theres perks to having a big melon , you can store a lot of good info in there , thanks much len , the belly button less man from pa. ,  affraid affraid ARK scratch 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 17th 2013, 7:27 pm

actionpack wrote:theres perks to having a big melon , you can store a lot of good info in there , thanks much len , the belly button less man from pa. ,  affraid affraid ARK scratch 

"Un-Buttoned" Santa Bill ...
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 18th 2013, 7:20 am

NeonLeon wrote:
actionpack wrote:theres perks to having a big melon , you can store a lot of good info in there , thanks much len , the belly button less man from pa. ,  affraid affraid ARK scratch 

"Un-Buttoned" Santa Bill ...
guess I'm gonna be the unbutton santa bill from hale ,  affraid affraid ARK 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 20th 2013, 4:20 pm

went to family doc today , he is getting ahold of the surgen and will call me when the appt is setup , still on hold , this dam binder I have to wear is not all that fun to wear , but so far it has kept my intestines inside where they belong ,  BM Bang Bang 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 21st 2013, 1:26 pm

lenny , did you have to wear a binder after your surgery , doc said yesterday I would be in pain for maybe a week after the surgery , this will be the first time in my life I will be cut on , had plenty of things sewed up thru out my life , but nothing has been done like this , remember my dad had a double hernia repaired after he retired , he had that thing for a long time befor he decided to get it repaired , he never wanted to loose a days work , don't ever remember him ever staying home sick  popcorn 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 21st 2013, 4:29 pm

no I didn't Bill ... but yours sounds worse than mine.i'v probley had this ruture for 10 yrs , but it didn't bother me , probley 5 of them years I didn't even no what was wrong with my belly button , thought it was due to the spare tire I carry , wrong again , it should of been repaired 10 yrs ago ,  scratch 
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 30th 2013, 2:34 pm

I can't beleave these people , got a call from surgens office today and I got to deal with this ruture tell jan 30th , and then some , unbeleavable , guess I would have to have my intestines dragging on the ground befor they concider it something I would like to get behind me and get on with my life , bummer big time ,  BM gun gun gun 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon December 30th 2013, 5:50 pm

That suck Bill ... really sucks
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 30th 2013, 8:15 pm

thanks len , the biggest thing that has happened , it shut down my cutting wood and my morning workout , that I try and keep doing everyday till spring , I had a lot of wood already ordered and to be picked up in the spring , winter is cutting season in the swamps , I'm looseing a couple of months worth of cutting plus the money , and I can only do it for 3 hrs and then I have to rest my back for a good 3 or 4 hrs , there will be no catching up , that's the real kicker , that's my story and I'm sticking to it , yee haw , wheres the wine ,  scratch ARK 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack December 31st 2013, 8:04 pm

I got better news today , wife called them to see I could get in sooner , and they had a person cansel for jan 9 , so I'm getting closer to to getting this behind me ,  gun gun cheers1 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon January 1st 2014, 8:40 am

Good news Willy!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack January 1st 2014, 11:46 am

yes it is len , affraid  affraid  hope you had a good new years out your way , we spent a quite evening at home , sure diff from our younger days , use to always go out and party the nite away , now were lucky to make it to mid nite , have a good day ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash January 2nd 2014, 1:14 pm

NeonLeon wrote:I forgot to mention ... they took my stitches out and that day I went for a 50 mile ride on the Harley.

At times ... my wife calls me a "Belly Button-less Freak".

I told her I prefer to be called one of the "Un-Buttoned".  Cool 

Len, when they removed my tumors the surgeon cut right thru the middle of my belly button. Two weeks after surgery I went for my first follow up and asked the surgeon about riding. He looked at me like I was from another planet and his exact words were " Why you crazy old man, Hell NO you can't ride a motorcycle yet".--------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon January 2nd 2014, 4:47 pm

whitetrash wrote:his exact words were " Why you crazy old man, Hell NO you can't ride a motorcycle yet".--------- Coffee

What's your point Trash ....  scratch 
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack January 2nd 2014, 7:39 pm

he goes by the name of unbutton lenny , them pa. boys have no pain , they didn't get that gene at birth ,  scratch ARK 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack January 10th 2014, 5:26 pm

there gonna carve on me jan 29th , doc said this was gonna hurt 1 week , no chit doc ,  gun gun cheers1 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack January 24th 2014, 8:32 pm

ok you bunch of miss fits , it time to start my count down to surgery day , this is something I really wished had not had happen , as crazy as this sounds , cutting wood is a real health and ease of mind type of work for me , being with nature out in the woods , hard work but heathy work , I have been shut down way to long , I need to get back to cutting as soon as I have healed , just to burn up a lot of unused energy and clear the mind gun  gun  BS  , just saying
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next