Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ouch.

4 posters

Go down

Ouch. Empty Ouch.

Post by trip March 21st 2014, 7:28 am

An upper ball joint went bad in the Tahoe.  Wore out my two front tires.  Ball joint, 4 tires, and alignment almost a grand.  I need to get a job.  Maybe a Wal Mart greeter.   Shocked
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Ouch. Empty Re: Ouch.

Post by NeonLeon March 21st 2014, 11:10 am

I don't think you have the disposition to be a greeter. Maybe we can get you the job of rounding up the buggies in the parking lot. Wink 
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by trip March 22nd 2014, 5:29 am

NeonLeon wrote:I don't think you have the disposition to be a greeter. Maybe we can get you the job of rounding up the buggies in the parking lot. Wink 
 Thumbs Up   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR2xMw5-FZ8   Thumbs Up
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist March 22nd 2014, 9:10 pm

It's a bummer when parts wear out like that. I hope the best for you trip.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 25th 2014, 7:07 pm

takes a lot of bucks to keep these old trucks running and safe , i'v got 245 k on my 02 chevy , I never no what I will have to replace everytime it goes out of the drive , I like keeping it , cause it don't have as much electionics to deal with like these new trucks  cheers1 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by trip March 25th 2014, 8:28 pm

actionpack wrote:takes a lot of bucks to keep these old trucks running and safe , i'v got 245 k on my 02 chevy , I never no what I will have to replace everytime it goes out of the drive , I like keeping it , cause it don't have as much electionics to deal with like these new trucks  cheers1 
Mine is an 03 and everything is controlled by a computer.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 26th 2014, 2:39 pm

trip wrote:
actionpack wrote:takes a lot of bucks to keep these old trucks running and safe , i'v got 245 k on my 02 chevy , I never no what I will have to replace everytime it goes out of the drive , I like keeping it , cause it don't have as much electionics to deal with like these new trucks  cheers1 
mine is to wes , it just don't have all the new gadgets the new ones do , use to be you had just the brain running everything , now theres mother boards plus the brain , that's the part I do not want , the screen with gps , tire pressure , back up screens , fuel milage and I guess I could go on and on , down the road when all these electionics start to fail its going to cost big time to have this stuff repaired , and there made in china for the most part , I would like to go back even futher , at least to the 60's models ,
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by trip March 26th 2014, 9:03 pm

actionpack wrote:
trip wrote:
mine is to wes , it just don't have all the new gadgets the new ones do , use to be you had just the brain running everything , now theres mother boards plus  the brain , that's the part I do not want , the screen with gps , tire pressure , back up screens , fuel milage and I guess I could go on and on , down the road when all these electionics start to fail its going to cost big time to have this stuff repaired , and there made in china for the most part , I would like to go back even futher , at least to the 60's models ,
I'm in the market for an old truck without all that crap on it.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 27th 2014, 1:18 pm

I need a cj 5 or 7 with a snow plow , getting tired of sitting out in the open in cold weather plowing snow , what takes me 3 hours would only be a 1 hr. with a jeep , plus riding the trails in the warmer months would be great ,  Cool 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by trip March 27th 2014, 3:09 pm

You need a CJ7, with the 304 and T4 tranny. Had one and loved it. That thing handled better than a CJ5 and would climb a tree if you let it.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack March 27th 2014, 6:44 pm

yupper , its on my bucket list , been looking at the prices of old jeeps , they want way to much money for these bad boys from the past , I use to have a cj5 , and it didn't handle all that well , but they were prefect for around town and trails and snow plowing , everything was simple and a trained monkey cook work on them , complare to how they make the new jeeps ,  scratch 
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down