Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Great Service

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Great Service Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Great Service

Post by Psalmist May 25th 2013, 8:37 pm

Have you ever walked into a restaurant and wondered why there were few cars in the parking lot? Then after about fifteen minutes you realized why. Or maybe you sat down after a twenty minute wait in the lobby, then got the best meal of your trip. There's usually a good reason why the parking lot is empty and should stay that way. On one of our trips to Pennsacola we found a great place with a giant smorgasbord. It had everything domestic and foreign food!! It was called "Montana's" and we ate there often on our trips to Florida. On one trip we drove there and it was gone, building and all. What a bummer and we were really hungry. There was a good sized chinese place close by. It was almost 6 pm and very few cars in the lot. We got right in and looked at the buffet. Everything looked crispy and dried out. The food was piled together in the center of the warming trays. We decided it was not the place to eat and left. What was the difference? The staff. A good manager/owner hires high qualified people to serve others with high quality food.

The same goes for bike shops. Last week some friends and I took a good ride to Harrison for the GWRRA state rally. I knew my front tire was about bald. OK! It was past bald and almost showing cords. We walked up to a booth that was staffed by Searcy Honda of Searcy, Arkansas. I was joking as we looked over all the bling and 'needed' things for bikes. I asked if they had a Battleax BT45 for a wing. They showed me a brand new one. After some quick negotiations they had my bike up on the lift. I didn't come to buy anything, but that's another story. I really appreciate a mechanic that knows his stuff and is not afraid of questions while he works. Earlier in the year I replaced left front brake pads because I heard about the possible problem of this model going thru brakes too soon. When the mechanic took off the tire, he showed me I had only a few thousand miles left on the right pad. I appreciated his honesty and not anxious to make BIG sales on me. He said I could go for some time still on it before it needed replacing. But we came up with a good price to replace the pads there.

After a short ride around the block I came back and told him it was whistling. He said "Well ride it a little more and come back . If there's a problem we'll fix it." So we went to lunch and I could still hear something reflecting off the street curbs. After lunch we came back to their booth. I explained the situation and he stopped his current project and put mine back up on the lift. He found one of the pads from the other side had come loose and fixed it right. Then he showed me the real problem of my bikes noises. I had no rear brake pads left. Now I was in trouble financially. I had ridden all these miles with no intent to buy anything. I had just invested about $150 in a tire and brakes and was about broke. The mechanic talked to the boss. The boss said he could put a set on the back and let me send him the money. Now to me that's going beyond professional! Seldom if ever do you find a business with that kind of trust. There was a day when your word was your bond and a handshake was as good as a contract. The mechanic's name was Chris. He said he worked for the glory of Jesus Christ and gave Him all the praise. I have never been so impressed with a store as I was with Searcy Honda. My friends also bought bling from them. I think bling makes a bike run better and faster (yeah right). Chris also oil'd my levers and did other things without me asking. Awesome!

Matt 7:5 Keep on asking and it will be given you; ‡6 keep on seeking and you will find; ‡7 keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you.8For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, [the door] will be opened.9Or what man is there of you, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone?10Or if he asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent?11If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good and ‡8 advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father Who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give good and ‡9 advantageous things to those who ‡10 keep on asking Him!12So then, whatever you desire that others would do to and for you, even so do also to and for them, for this is (sums up) the Law and the Prophets.

Jesus said for us to do unto others as we would have them do unto us. In other words, help each other out. Strive for an excellent attitude. Go the extra mile even if it makes you late. Last week we saw a horrible tragedy in Moore Oklahoma. But this week there were caravans of supplies heading that way. Some of the members of our church took a trailer and pickup full to help them. So remember this Memorial weekend to help everyone you can. Listen to them and love them any way you can. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down