Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Putting up fences

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Putting up fences Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Putting up fences

Post by Psalmist May 18th 2013, 7:59 pm

There's alot to learn about life when you learn how to put up a fence. This was 'on the job training' for me. I've never built a birdhouse or tree stand for that matter. My wife has a small daycare in the house and has wanted a backyard playground for sometime. How hard could that be?

Having a large family has its perks; FREE LABOR! Tuesday morning at 6:30 my wife and I had a 'discussion', so I figgered that was a good time to get out of the house and get something done. I'm off Tuesdays, and we usually go to "Fridays'" that night for our "date-night". I wish Ruby Tuesday's would move to town. Then we could go there on Fridays. Anyway, I got to Lowes at 7 a.m. and got the biggest cart in the store. Knowing just about nothing about fences I grabbed the first guy in the 'fence for dummies' aisle. We loaded up 50' of fencing guaranteed to stop a stampede of Schnauzers, a nice gate and enough T posts to make a nice tight wall. They were out of razor wire for the top of the wall, so I got electric shock boxes and a spool of wire. (Just kiddin)

My oldest son and I used a friends power fence post driller. It's like a lawn mower engine with a eight inch wide cutting blade bolted to the bottom of it. My friend warned me if it gets a root, it will dance. So, we got it started and set it just off the patio for our gate's posts. We drilled down about two feet successfully for our first post. The second hole was not as uneventful. I felt like we were doing the Pennsylvania Polka in cut time. After about a foot down I said "Enough!" to my son, and we lifted it out. He left for work, so I called my oldest daughter to help make a wheelbarrow of 'Quickrete'. With my two youngest kids handling the water hose, we mixed a couple of good wheelbarrows of cement. My oldest daughter and I assembled the gate and autographed the base. Then we posted the fence for most of the playground except the last six foot section by the gate. My youngest son and I hauled two large truckloads of hardwood mulch (double mulched for softness). Like a team, five of us spread out the mulch and placed all the Little Tikes toys out there. About sundown it was completed. Our 'date-night' was good.

So what does all this have to do with bikes, Jesus Christ, and hope? Bike clubs put up protocol walls to keep others out. According to some groups rules you can't put your state below a CMA backpatch. In other words, if you have a large Christian Motorcycle Association (or other group) patch on the back of your vest or jacket, you can't put "Arkansas" below it. Because another organization 'owns' (rules) this state, this would be seen as rival or rebellion or something. There is a high likelyhood that your vest would be altered and possibly you too. Another 'wall' is that you can't talk to the president of one of these gangs. If you do and are wearing another gang's colors, you could be physically hurt. Of course presidents can talk to each other, but seldom do.

There are many 'fences' put up in life. People are prejudiced towards many things: color, religion, race, income etc. Harley riders often don't return a friendly wave to someone not on a Harley. Maybe they're trying to keep it on the road. 80% of Harleys made are still on the road. The rest made it home. I enjoy waving to Mopeds. Hey! We all started somewhere. remember your first 'ride'? What was it? Post your bike at the end of this post, please. My wife and I had our first date on a 74 Yamaha rd200. In college you ride what you can.

Jesus said it clearly in Revelation. He wants all to be in relationship with Him.

Re 3:20 -
`Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

On the door there is no latch on the outside. It's our choice to open the door of our heart to the One who gives hope, peace, and joy. Jesus said "I give you peace, not like the world gives." Jesus Christ offers us what the world can't give. I hope today you are walking, riding, and living in that peace, hope, and joy. I lost a friend last month that ran out of the world's peace. She overdosed at age 25. Another friend FaceBooked me yesterday that she tried to hang herself that afternoon. (These two events are unrelated) This world has no peace,joy, and hope. It can only be found in Jesus Christ. I encourage you to ask Jesus Christ into your heart today. You will have peace,love and joy through all the storms of life. Yes, there will be hard times. But you will have a place to go and find strength. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Putting up fences Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Putting up fences

Post by trip May 19th 2013, 6:03 am

Good one.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down