Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Glory

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Glory Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Glory

Post by Psalmist October 8th 2011, 11:48 pm

I want to take a moment and speak about God's glory. What is it? One of it's definitions is God's weighty presence. When He manifests Himself in a room, often people fall on their faces because they recognize there's someone or something bigger than themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kMhaNG493A&feature=share

About twenty years ago I was on staff at a large church in Spfld, Mo. It was a part time position and I wasn't there when this happened. On a monday morning a stranger walked into the church office. A lady spoke to some of the staff "The Lord is in the sanctuary." They all agreed that God has been wonderful in the services. She spoke again "No I mean the Lord IS in the sanctuary." Again these three guys agreed with her in a similar response. Frustrated, she told them to come into the santuary right then. We were using a gym for our sanctuary at the time. When the three entered the gym, instantly they fell on their faces. They said it seemed like three minutes, but in actuality it almost an hour. Then the presence lifted. As they told me this, I asked "Did you see anything or hear anything? Did you ask any questions?" They all responded "No. All we could think was 'I'm undone'. "

Isaiah 6:1 In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory." 4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5 Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Why am I sharing these experiences here in this forum? Because I desire to share hope with some that are looking for some and maybe needing alot. I recognize there are many trolls that would love to mock and make sport of this thread. So I ask them not to, out of respect. If you don't agree or believe any of this, leave it alone and move on to something more interesting in the forum. I believe there is so much more that what we can see, feel, smell, taste, hear, or imagine. I am fascinated by scientific studies that confirm biblical statements.

An older lady came into my office this week and shared that she sees God's presence in different colors. I'm not quite sure what she meant. Maybe the room looks red or blue or some other color when she feels God is near. I don't doubt her. Why would she have any reason to lie? And even if she WAS, so what? I think God is bigger than any box we might try to put our perspective of Him in. Imagine the New Jerusalem coming down to Earth. WOW! How is that going to happen? Oh yeah, one small detail I left out. It's 1500 miles in a cube LxWxH. Awesome!

I believe I have heard the sounds of heaven twice. Each time it sounded like giant waves of music. There were flows of minor chords, major chords suspensions and all kinds of music in different keys yet in a symphony and it all sounded wonderful. If you are a musician, you might remember the soundtracks to Miami Vice. Jon Hammer wrote and played the score for each show. I remember how incredibly he would weave minor and major keys together. The acting was ok, but the music score was awesome that underlined each scene. People that have given testimony to being in heaven for a moment; say that there's music that flows like a river to you and thru you. You can touch it.

At one time satan was described as total beauty visually and audibly. Ezekial 28 describes this in a double prophetic reference. He WAS a covering cherub positioned over God's throne to bring God glory. satan fell when he let the glory go to his head. he not only was beauty, he was music. he was his own horn section and rhythm section. All this was near the glory of God. Some people say the devil is so dumb. I disagree. BUT he is drunk on his own lies and seeks to confuse and distract everyone else.

Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Moses met with the Lord God and God's glory covered.

Ex 24:16 -
And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.

Ex 24:17 -
And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.

Exodus 33 18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. 19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. 20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. 21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: 22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: 23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Moses desired to see God's glory. But God in His grace and mercy kept Moses from exploding. God knew/knows no man can behold the full glory of God and live. It would be like standing next to the microwave transmiters on a tower. Someone told me these transmitters would fry anything around them. I don't know if this is true. (If you are familiar with this, please correct me.) How great is God's glory? Yes! When we get to heaven, we will have new bodies and all our pieces will function correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8q7q5egus&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLDF300E31F20C6387

Still praying for you. Have the best week ever.
Dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Glory Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Glory

Post by actionpack October 9th 2011, 7:44 am

thanks for the message dino , and the powerful song
actionpack
actionpack