Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Debris

+2
jaarch
tcarp66
6 posters

Go down

Road Debris Empty Road Debris

Post by tcarp66 May 24th 2011, 10:17 am

A Tennessee motorcycling couple was injured this morning in a Todd traffic accident attributed to the storms that raked the area last night. The Sevierville couple was traveling NC 194 at about 9:30 this morning when they hit gravel and vegetation debris in the road from the storm and skidded some distance on the pavement. Watauga Medics dispatched two ambulances to the scene, as Todd first responders reported the man semi-conscious upon their arrival. Trooper Hodges said, though, that neither had serious injuries from the crash, and that he would issue no charges in the accident.

This happened just up the road from me. I see it all the time after it rains. Gravel washes out in the roads. Ya'll be alert!!!Road Debris Todd%20wreck052311%20001
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Road Debris Empty Re: Road Debris

Post by jaarch May 24th 2011, 12:30 pm

Wow! I hope they are OK. Thanks for the heads up Tracy. TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg May 24th 2011, 9:26 pm

That happens all the time around here. I think they closed Hwy 7 North of Dover because the road washed out.
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider May 24th 2011, 9:46 pm

Thanks for the warning. My cousins pastor hit sand fron the ice we had earlier this year and wiped out.
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack May 24th 2011, 10:39 pm

we have to watch out for the gravel that gets scattered from cagers coming out off a gravel road onto the blacktop , them things are like marbles affraid affraid
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 May 25th 2011, 5:42 am

I'm sure you all are aware. I just wanted to throw out a little reminder!! TU
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 May 25th 2011, 5:59 am

A month or so ago, I was in Apopka entering the on ramp for the 429, a limited access toll road. As I started the turn, I saw what looked like a strip of fluid down the center of the lane, right in the turn area. I THOUGHT, it's probably only water but, just in case, I'll slow down. Turned out it was an oil of some kind. As I crossed it, the bike slid, both front and rear. affraid I did what I call a foot slap with my right foot on the ground to keep myself upright. It hurt, but not nearly as much as if I had gone down. Had I not had the presence of mind to drop my speed drastically before crossing that oil, I would have been on the pavement and people woulda been having a good laugh. LP

Two things I learned that day, 1) trust my instincts. I now know that I've been riding long enough, with enough miles under my wheels, that I have good instincts. and 2) stay the h*ll away from fluid on the road at all times, no matter what. You just never know what it is. Had I not crossed that oil, I would not be writing this.

Thanks T for the reminder. cheers
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack May 25th 2011, 7:40 am

another thing to look for is when they do the gravel roads with corine , then the cars will track it out on the black top , that stuff will put ya down if ya get it on your tires of your scoot
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down