Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Honor of Brother Road Dog

+5
jaarch
whitetrash
Psalmist
actionpack
Simpleman77
9 posters

Go down

In Honor of Brother Road Dog Empty In Honor of Brother Road Dog

Post by Simpleman77 October 14th 2011, 1:46 pm

Florida lost a great man today. TriCounty B.A.C.A. member Road Dog lost his 10 month battle with cancer this morning. He was responsible for keeping B.A.C.A. alive in Florida. He worked tirelessly to build this state up when most had given up on BACA having a presence here. Last December he was diagnosed with small cell carcinoma. Most gave him very little time. A few weeks after his diagnosis, he said to hell with it, got back on his bike kept riding, doing the business of BACA in Florida.

His health took a turn a few weeks back and we all knew that the end was near. He gave up his presidency just three weeks ago and only because he couldn't get on his bike and ride any more. His close Christian friends kept him lifted up in prayer and, with the help of Rev. Al Paquette, a tireless minister to the biker community, Road Dog gave his life to the Lord just last Friday night. The end came this morning and at 7:30 he went to be with Jesus.

In honor of Joe "Road Dog" Akel, the Bikers Against Child Abuse Creed:

I am a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse. The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I wont look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past has prepared me, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. Im finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I dont have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by the faith in my works, and lean on the strength of my brothers and sisters. I love with patience, live by prayer, and labor with power.

My fate is set, my gait is fast, my goal is the ultimate safety of children. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are tried and true, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children. I must go until I drop, ride until I give out, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me, for He will see my BACA backpatch and know that I am one of His. I am a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse, and this is my creed.

In Honor of Brother Road Dog RoadDog

Last edited by Simpleman77 on October 14th 2011, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

In Honor of Brother Road Dog Empty Re: In Honor of Brother Road Dog

Post by actionpack October 14th 2011, 5:12 pm

looks like another good man has been lost , his rewards will be paid in full now , rip road dog , you will be missed
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist October 15th 2011, 3:42 am

Thanks for the Bush pic Eric. Excellent post for Road Dawg. You will ride with him again in heaven. Keep your heart in tune with Jesus and don't give up on yourself. When you become perfect, let me know. I'll be your disciple Wink

Truly a sad day that Road Dog left. But Hallelujah he's home at last. Kinda strange, I did a funeral for a friend's brother this afternoon. I didn't know him, but he gave his heart to Jesus in the last hrs also. We're gonna be busy in heaven.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash October 15th 2011, 8:16 am

R.I.P. and prayers for the family.-------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch October 15th 2011, 10:59 am

R.I.P. Joe. Prayers sent for everyone he has touched in his life.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by PureMetric October 15th 2011, 12:18 pm

RIP RoadDog, condolences to your family and friends. I hate f@cking Cancer
PureMetric
PureMetric
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 520

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider October 15th 2011, 11:03 pm

prayers sent for the family and friends
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 October 16th 2011, 3:09 am

thanks for the post Eric...RIP Road Dog!!
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum October 16th 2011, 10:21 am

Prayers for the family, thanks E.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter