Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some prayers for comfort.

+5
NeonLeon
trip
Psalmist
jaarch
marang
9 posters

Go down

Need some prayers for comfort. Empty Need some prayers for comfort.

Post by marang November 22nd 2010, 9:36 pm

For Melanie, I and our dog Max. Max has not been himself lately, went from not eating well to not very much to very very little. We thought he may have a stomach virus but as time went we thought it might be something else. We took him to the vet today and they ran some blood work, well tonight we got a call and it wasn't good. Acute Kidney Failure.

He still seems happy and wags his tail and he'll follow us around the house. The vet couldn't believe he seemed so happy cause his level are through the roof. He said we have a few options. Hospital...for weeks (not an option) too much money. Another is meds to combat the side effects. The problem with this is when the kidneys finally do shut down the Max could go into seizures before he dies which could take a few hours or days. The third is of course to put him down. All these options just break our hearts. I leaning towards the meds untill we notice him being ill. But I just don't know if he's in pain right now and I'd hate for him to all of a sudden go into seizures while we're not here. I don't want him to spend his final moments alone and scared. On the other hand it would kill me to see him go into seizures when I should have had him put down in peace.

Max is a huge part of this family, he has been the coolest and best dog (friend) I've ever had. I don't want to make any of these choices, I wish someone would just tell us what to do, but I know no one can. I just can't imagine this house without Max running around. He's been with us for 13yrs.

Just this past Sat. my parents had to put down their dog Shelby, she was 14. Shelby was my Dog since a pup for about five years. My parents asked if they could have her after they lost another dog and their other dog was very lonely. I said sure cause at the time I was single and not home much due to my job. That was a big blow to me when they had to put her down due to something that parellized her hind legs last Thurs.

This has been a shitty week for us all.

We just pray for comfort to be able to deal with all this and comfort for Max that he's not in pain.We also pray for knowledge to make the right decision at the right time.

I know some of you may think "Its just a dog". It's not, this is a family member who is loved as one. When I heard the news I broke down in tears and continue to tear up as I pet Max and tearing up as I type this.

Thanks for hearing me out and thank you for the prayers.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Need some prayers for comfort. Empty Re: Need some prayers for comfort.

Post by jaarch November 22nd 2010, 11:04 pm

Prayers sent D. Pets are very much a part of the family and it hurts when they are sick just as much as any human family member. I can't help you with your decision and yes, they all pretty much suck. I'd say pray and ask for guidance from the lord. He will know what is best.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 23rd 2010, 2:16 am

I agree with Joe. It's hard to let go of a trusty friend and part of the family. I believe there are dogs in heaven. Given those three options, I'd put him to rest when the pain becomes too great for him. I'll be praying for you. It's a kinda no win situation.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by trip November 23rd 2010, 4:49 am

I'm praying for and crying with you. Max should not have to suffer. I know hard how hard of a choice you have to make. I have been there several times. When the time comes you will know what to do.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 23rd 2010, 6:05 am

Damn D ...... I know exactly what you are going through. Nothing anyone can say will make it easier or better ... only time. Like WesT said ... you will know when the time has come ... praying for a miracle and comfort.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 23rd 2010, 7:43 am

DONE D ! They are part of the family and MUCH better than a lot of Humans. -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 23rd 2010, 8:54 am

Thats not an easy choice to make. Trips right though.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by marang November 24th 2010, 6:39 am

Thank you my Brothers. It means a lot.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyGal November 24th 2010, 8:58 am

Prayers sent. I also know what you all are going through. And yes, our pets are very much of our beloved families. Sorry you are going through this.
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by fcsnuffy November 24th 2010, 1:50 pm

damn d, i'm very sorry to hear about max. prayers for you all. i know max is about like maverick. ya know melanie and judy would rather have them around than us. i have faith that what ever decision you make will be the right one because it will be made with thought and love. excuse me, i gotta go dry my eyes and give mav a hug.
fcsnuffy
fcsnuffy
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2249
Location : ft. cobb oklahoma, just southwest of the center of the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by marang November 24th 2010, 9:45 pm

Thanks again guys, These past few days have been hard. Max just isn't the same and I tear up each time I give him some lovin'. That spark in is eye's seems to have faded. But he's still waging his tail , he jumps up in our lap and he's still laying next to me at night in bed pushed up against my back with his back. I'm just not ready to say good-bye and I don't think he's ready either
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 25th 2010, 1:23 am

Praying for you D. Takes lots of pics. God loans us dogs to show a side of His faithfulness.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down