Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh ....

3 posters

Go down

Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh .... Empty Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh ....

Post by NeonLeon May 21st 2016, 8:59 pm

Filled her up with gas and she wouldn't start. I pushed it away from the pumps and figured I would let her sit a while .... till I saw the stream of antifreeze pouring out from underneath. Sad Rolling Eyes

I walked down the block and got a flatbed to take her home. Turns out that both front seals on the water pump let go ... a water pump that had less that 10 miles on it. Luckily I saved all the e-mails from Summit Racing and they overnight-ed another one. They are reconditioned but it is hard to find anything new for an 80 year old motor. So the new pump came today and I hope to get it in tomorrow.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh .... Empty Re: Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh ....

Post by actionpack May 22nd 2016, 4:43 am

woa , bummer , she was suppose to shine on her maiden voyage , affraid affraid
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh .... Empty Re: Took a ride in the Chevy and uh oh ....

Post by trip May 22nd 2016, 5:25 am

Never heard of a water pump lasting 10 miles.  What a let down.  Oh well it takes a little time to get all the bugs out.  Bet it felt good for 10 miles though.  ARK
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon May 22nd 2016, 7:56 am

It was disappointing. There isn't much room to work behind that grill. Rolling Eyes
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down