Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Morning Hope : A dream

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Morning Hope : A dream Empty Sunday Morning Hope : A dream

Post by Psalmist January 11th 2014, 2:16 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : a dream

It seems lately that the Lord has been giving me unusual dreams just before I wake up. Or maybe I wake up because of the dreams. I'm not sure which. This happened to me this morning and I believe it speaks of 'the church' as a whole.

"My church will not be built by preachers or singers, but by the hearts of men." I felt the Lord speaking this to me over and over while I dreamed this scene. I was backstage waiting to go on and lead the people in triumphant singing and music. When I looked down, I WAS NAKED. I ran out the nearest door to the prop room and found a robe. To fill in time, my brother went to the mic, but the lights and sound stopped working. The news crews were there for this dedication service and the place was packed. So Don walked over to the grand piano on the stage, sat down and played one of his favorite hymns. Some of the people sang along, but most just stared. I re entered through the back of the auditorium. I was unsure what to do next. There were people whispering and looking around for "What's next?" I felt an urging in my spirit to sing a song from "Godspell" called "Prepare ye the Way of the Lord". So we sang it as I walked to join my brother on the platform. Then we all sang together "Amazing Grace".

I woke up thinking "Why God? what did all that mean?" I shared my dream with Patty and she remembered Rev. 3:17-19.

17For you say, I am rich; I have prospered and grown wealthy, and I am in need of nothing; and you do not realize and understand that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. †6
18Therefore I counsel you to purchase from Me gold refined and tested by fire, that you may be [truly] wealthy, and white clothes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nudity from being seen, and salve to put on your eyes, that you may see.
19Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude]. †7
20Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.

The church today often thinks its rich lacking nothing. But Jesus sees it as naked and poor. God and people in general aren't looking for cool services but for hearts on fire. God will build His church by the hearts of men. This is what will draw people to your church, a heart blazing with pure glory. Don't fall into the world's trap of trying to reproduce Branson or Hollywood. Impressive hearts are not fed or sustained with flash paper. It's time we all wake up and find what is pleasing to Jesus Christ.

Have a great new year and remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning Hope : A dream Empty Re: Sunday Morning Hope : A dream

Post by actionpack January 11th 2014, 3:16 pm

thanks dinno
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter