Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : A Flash of Heaven

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : A Flash of Heaven Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : A Flash of Heaven

Post by Psalmist November 24th 2012, 10:41 am

Re 20:11 -
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

Re 21:1 -
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

It's every Christians dream to see and be in Heaven. After accepting Jesus Christ as lord and savior, our hearts are unquenchable for God's holy presence. Songs have been sung and books written about such a wonderful place. I read somewhere that almost everyone believes in heaven but few believe in hell. Most people think God is a good god full of mercy and grace, and He truly is that. He is also a god of wrath with terrible events on the horizon for those that refuse His love. He sits in heaven on His throne waiting for that last person to be saved, then He will send Jesus to invite all Christians to come. This will take the blink of an eye as far as length of time.

1Co 15:52 -
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

God is not bound by time. He created it. So, somethings He does quickly. Somethings He does slowly. For four years I've been battling prostate cancer stage four. I believe Jesus Christ is healing me, but He's not in a hurry. 'God is always on time. But He's missed alot of great opportunities to be early.'

With four years of chemo, the memory banks rattle at times. Things are forgotten easily and other things are repeated often. My nurses call this 'chemo brain'. They try to take credit for themselves at times I can't remember if it was a nap or night sleep that I had what I call a flash of heaven. Sometimes we dream and experience events. This wasn't like that. It was more like a still shot. I looked and saw a giant set of steps. It looked like a hundred white steps that glistened with a gold sparkle or shine. They were definitely white but mirrored a gold tint. They were very wide, maybe a hundred feet across. It seemed like there were giant pillars like Corinthian or Roman columns on both sides. Then a thought came 'What are you waiting for?' It was so big that I woke up. You know how sometimes you want to climb back into a dream and see more? I felt like that. But no matter what you do, it's over. I began to rationalize in my head the journey. I know I'm saved and ready to go to heaven,
but I'm in no hurry. God doesn't need me up there yet. I know my dad and some of my brothers are up there. I know most of my family is ready to go there. But I'm
not done here. I have told God that many times. My wife Patty will be there and we'll probably be great friends. We might share a "Big Wheel" (choc mint ice
cream sandwich) from time to time, like we did when we dated. We still date, but I can do better now. Back then, we shared it. Now we each can have our own.
Sometimes God shares visions and dreams with us. Then He waits to see if we'll share them with others. I may or may not ever see a glimpse of heaven again, but
I hope I do.

Are you ready for heaven? Have you had your ticket punched? A quote from Polar Express: The Conductor: The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on." I truly hope and pray that you will get on board. 'This train is bound for glory..this train.' Jesus Christ already paid your fare. You just need to accept it and trust Him as your conductor. You don't have to be perfect before you board. Just let Him help you up. You can't miss Him, He's the
one with nail holes in His hands. "No one ever died for me before." (John Elefante-Kansas) is a great song/video on youtube. When you get time, take it and watch/listen to the song. Here's a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evfibHAqyBo People sometimes think it's so hard to get saved or be a Christian. Simply confess your sins and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart. Give Him all you are and have and let Him do the rest. Pretty simple I think.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and didn't get trampled at WalMart. Remember I'm praying for you. Have a fantastic week!

Dino "Lefty" Hutchings
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : A Flash of Heaven Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : A Flash of Heaven

Post by whitetrash November 25th 2012, 6:42 am

TU Thanks Dino, I read that one twice just to make sure I had some understanding of it. Maybe some day before it is Too Late I will figure things out.

Keep up the Good fight on the Chemo. I am right there with you.-------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down