Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainy Ride for BACA today

5 posters

Go down

Rainy Ride for BACA today Empty Rainy Ride for BACA today

Post by Simpleman77 July 10th 2011, 8:26 pm

Had our monthly meeting and then did an adoption ride today. It was the coolest ride that I have been involved in yet. We rode to the "hospital" where this 10 year old is staying. He has been severely abused and, because of behavioral problems, has been rejected by a number of foster homes. Both parents are out of the picture. The local judge, who is a big fan of BACA, set it up for us to adopt this child, becoming the only family that he has, and see if our involvement will help with his behavioral problems.

Well, we arrived at the "hospital" after a two hour ride, some of it in the rain, and our Jax chapter, Seven Bridges, met us with three of their finest. We arrived to the child standing in the parking lot with his therapist and two other people. He is heavily medicated because of his violent tenancies but we could see his face light up some. We all parked, about 20 bikes, and did the adoption.

Well, after having 30 minutes alone with him, and he responded to us better than he ever has to any of his therapists (their statements), the other children came out, around 20 of them. Well, they wanted to meet us, real big bad bikers, and climb on our bikes. We did one better, when some of the kids were on the Harleys, the guys fired them up and let the kids throttle them to their hearts content. I've never heard the sound of so many Harleys hitting their rev limiters at the same time. It was hilarious and everyone was having a blast. We spent about an hour before the heavy rain started moving in. Said our goodbyes and split to a bank drive thru down the street. We waited for near two hours for the rain to let up. Finally lightened up and we all left for our respective homes.

It was a day that brings tears to my eyes, heavy as they are right now. I am so blessed to be working with a group that esteems the little ones that would otherwise be cast off and forgotten. This boy spent half of his life locked in a cabinet sized closet before the state finally saved him. Now we have the wonderful obligation to be his family and perhaps help him to get some normalcy in his life.

There are other stories from the day, like the insurance agent that rides with BACA who went and sat down with the boy who was off by himself and crying . Flash asked the kid what was up. The boy responded that, because we were there and treating him like a real person, he wanted to do better so that he could go home and maybe get a motorcycle when he gets older. Awesome awesome awesome stuff. Thanks for letting me share.

Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Rainy Ride for BACA today Empty Re: Rainy Ride for BACA today

Post by smokum July 10th 2011, 10:01 pm

What a great thing you guys an girls do Eric and Harold!
Thanks for sharing and what a blessing you are to these kids.
Unimaginable what people can do to children, even their own kids!

I would hope the sperm n egg donors get what's coming to them.
Thank you BACA!!!
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack July 11th 2011, 11:41 am

that was a great story eric , thanks for standing up for these young 1's , i got to get something out of my eye now , bouncb bouncb
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash July 11th 2011, 3:37 pm

TU Good Stuff Eric ! -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member