Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My B.A.C.A. Weekend

5 posters

Go down

My B.A.C.A. Weekend Empty My B.A.C.A. Weekend

Post by Simpleman77 June 26th 2011, 8:10 pm

Rode up to Jacksonville yesterday morning for our semi annual state meeting. Six of us met and rode together up I-4 to I-95 and on up. I'll tell you what, the more that I ride with these guys, the more that I enjoy riding with these guys. We ride fast and close and are on the same page in traffic. It truly is incredible becoming one small part of the whole organization.

We arrived about an hour early. Reps from all Florida chapters were there. This was my first state meeting and the first time that I met alot of these people. The meeting itself is the reason for the weekend but I actually prefer the riding, camaraderie and fellowship that surrounds the meeting. Who wouldn't. Laughing

After the meeting, we rode to a tavern that supports our Jacksonville Seven Bridges chapter in a big way. We were to present our annual plaque to Greybeards for all the support that they give to B.A.C.A. and our kids. On our way out to the tavern, there were about 20 bikes riding on I-295, the guy next to me lost power and had to pull off. 8 other bikes stopped and we continued on, since we were on a schedule. We arrived at Greybeards and not 15 minutes later, Stump arrived with his bike on a trailer and along with the rest of the BACA brothers and sisters. One call and he was picked up on the side of the interstate. BTW, his Harley seemed to either swallow a valve or break a valve spring. He'll figure it out when he gets back to the panhandle tonight.

We loaded his bike from the trailer to the back of a pick up right there in the parking lot. Five brothers just picked it up from the trailer and put it in the pick up bed. As the rain started, we headed back to our meeting spot. Our state president was in the lead so, naturally, we got lost. Bang But, in getting lost, we did avoid most of the heavy rain. My socks never got wet. TU

Got back and our host had a dinner prepared for us, then they set up a great southern rock band and we partied until well past my bedtime. The hotel was just a short mile down the road and I can honestly say that I haven't had a headache like the one I had this morning for a long time. Got up, enjoyed the hotels free breakfast bar, loaded up on the bike and me and Flash rode back. Got back before the rains started.

All in all, I can say that BACA is one of the best decisions that I have ever made in how I spend my riding time. I love these guys, the organization, the riding and, most of all, the mission.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

My B.A.C.A. Weekend Empty Re: My B.A.C.A. Weekend

Post by actionpack June 26th 2011, 9:39 pm

sounds like a great group your rideing with eric , and thanks for keeping a eye on the children TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Railrider June 29th 2011, 8:39 pm

Simpleman77 wrote:Rode up to Jacksonville yesterday morning for our semi annual state meeting. Six of us met and rode together up I-4 to I-95 and on up. I'll tell you what, the more that I ride with these guys, the more that I enjoy riding with these guys. We ride fast and close and are on the same page in traffic. It truly is incredible becoming one small part of the whole organization.

We arrived about an hour early. Reps from all Florida chapters were there. This was my first state meeting and the first time that I met alot of these people. The meeting itself is the reason for the weekend but I actually prefer the riding, camaraderie and fellowship that surrounds the meeting. Who wouldn't. Laughing

After the meeting, we rode to a tavern that supports our Jacksonville Seven Bridges chapter in a big way. We were to present our annual plaque to Greybeards for all the support that they give to B.A.C.A. and our kids. On our way out to the tavern, there were about 20 bikes riding on I-295, the guy next to me lost power and had to pull off. 8 other bikes stopped and we continued on, since we were on a schedule. We arrived at Greybeards and not 15 minutes later, Stump arrived with his bike on a trailer and along with the rest of the BACA brothers and sisters. One call and he was picked up on the side of the interstate. BTW, his Harley seemed to either swallow a valve or break a valve spring. He'll figure it out when he gets back to the panhandle tonight.

We loaded his bike from the trailer to the back of a pick up right there in the parking lot. Five brothers just picked it up from the trailer and put it in the pick up bed. As the rain started, we headed back to our meeting spot. Our state president was in the lead so, naturally, we got lost. Bang But, in getting lost, we did avoid most of the heavy rain. My socks never got wet. TU

Got back and our host had a dinner prepared for us, then they set up a great southern rock band and we partied until well past my bedtime. The hotel was just a short mile down the road and I can honestly say that I haven't had a headache like the one I had this morning for a long time. Got up, enjoyed the hotels free breakfast bar, loaded up on the bike and me and Flash rode back. Got back before the rains started.

All in all, I can say that BACA is one of the best decisions that I have ever made in how I spend my riding time. I love these guys, the organization, the riding and, most of all, the mission.
That's about eight o'clock for me. sounds like you had a great time.
Railrider
Railrider
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1692

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack June 29th 2011, 10:29 pm

good for you eric , sounds like your rideing with a great bunch of brothers , TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg June 30th 2011, 2:08 pm

Just wait until the conference, you'll find that the whole Nation is pretty much the same. cheers
Redleg
Redleg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuddaddy June 30th 2011, 2:52 pm

Eric
If you had to sum up what B.A.C.A. does ....in a couple of sentences what would you say....?
Spuddaddy
Spuddaddy
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 634

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 June 30th 2011, 5:22 pm

Spuddaddy wrote:Eric
If you had to sum up what B.A.C.A. does ....in a couple of sentences what would you say....?

Spud, I would start by asking you to read the BACA Misison Statement;

BACA Mission Statement
Bikers Against Child Abuse (BACA) exists with the intent to create a safer environment for abused children. We exist as a body of Bikers to empower children to not feel afraid of the world in which they live. We stand ready to lend support to our wounded friends by involving them with an established, united organization. We work in conjunction with local and state officials who are already in place to protect children. We desire to send a clear message to all involved with the abused child that this child is part of our organization, and that we are prepared to lend our physical and emotional support to them by affiliation, and our physical presence. We stand at the ready to shield these children from further abuse. We do not condone the use of violence or physical force in any manner, however, if circumstances arise such that we are the only obstacle preventing a child from further abuse, we stand ready to be that obstacle.

Next I would ask that you read the BACA Creed;

BACA Creed
I am a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse. The die has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I wont look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past has prepared me, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. Im finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I dont have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by the faith in my works, and lean on the strength of my brothers and sisters. I love with patience, live by prayer, and labor with power.

My fate is set, my gait is fast, my goal is the ultimate safety of children. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are tried and true, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children. I must go until I drop, ride until I give out, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me, for He will see my BACA backpatch and know that I am one of His. I am a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse, and this is my creed.

Chief
Founder, Bikers Against Child Abuse, Inc.

Next, I would ask that you watch this promo video, very short but powerful;

And, finally, in my own words, I would say that no child deserves to live in fear. We, BACA, exists to take that fear from an abused child and allow them to live a life with some normalcy in it. They become part of our MC, protected as any brother or sister in our MC is. The adage goes, "If you cut one of us, we all bleed". We stand together and, if one of us is knocked down, there will be ten standing there by the time the first gets back up. If ten go down, there will be a hundred or more there. This goes especially for our wounded friends.

This last video is the founder of BACA, Chief.

Sorry, can't do it in a few words. ARK
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by Redleg July 1st 2011, 10:33 pm

TU Well said brother!
Redleg
Redleg