Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time you rode on a motorcycle?

+7
Simpleman77
NeonLeon
marang
jedishon
actionpack
trip
Psalmist
11 posters

Go down

First time you rode on a motorcycle? Empty First time you rode on a motorcycle?

Post by Psalmist November 5th 2010, 11:08 pm

I remember my friend in 6th grade Jeff Champion got to 'borrow' his dad's Ducati 160. I rode on the back as we headed for the girls' house. "We" wanted to really impress them as we left. So, Jeff popped the clutch and heavy throttled it. We wheelied that thing and it came down on top of us. Yep, we really impressed them that day. That was my first ride on a motorcycle.
From 6th grade til my jr year in college I never saw another motorcycle. In college I bought my first bike 1974 Yamaha 200 rd. I did 3 hr trips with that thing through Arkansas. My wife and my first date was on it. Oh to have one again.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

First time you rode on a motorcycle? Empty Re: First time you rode on a motorcycle?

Post by trip November 6th 2010, 5:21 am

My first ride was on an old Indian. I must have been 9 or 10. It didnt have a motor. Two friends and myself would push the thing up a hill and take turns riding it back down.

A lot of work for just a few seconds of pleasure but worth it.
Dang, that sounds like something else I did that about got me in trouble later on in life. Shocked
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

First time you rode on a motorcycle? Empty Re: First time you rode on a motorcycle?

Post by actionpack November 6th 2010, 7:22 am

first ride was on a scooter with a brigs engine , we had a blast with little thing , must have been around 10 at the time , then i had a sears 50 cc moped , rode that thing all over the place , i was hooked on bikes from there on
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 6th 2010, 7:37 am

1965 It was a Honda 50. Took a 6 hour ride. Got busted by the cops. I was supposed to be in school. Parents had to come get me. not much fun after that.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by marang November 6th 2010, 8:36 am

First ride was on my Dad's bike, can't remember what it was but do remember it was a 500cc. First time I rode one was on a scooter with a briggs engine. The ones with small but wide tires and and flat banana seat. I musta been 8 or 9yrs. old. The first ride on it was a quick one cause I took off in wide open throttle with my older cousin running along side of me yelling "PULL THE BREAK...PULL THE BRAKE" but I had no idea how to brake. I was headed for a huge ditch so he knocked me over.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 6th 2010, 10:27 am

Does sitting on one in the garage count??? If not ... hopefully when it warms up. Shrug
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 November 6th 2010, 10:45 am

NeonLeon wrote:Does sitting on one in the garage count??? If not ... hopefully when it warms up. First time you rode on a motorcycle? 884637

Only if you're making the "vroom, vroom, vroom" noise. Laughing
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 6th 2010, 10:49 am

Well ... my dad passed away when I was 4 and with no brothers ... well I didn't have exposure to motorbikes till I was 16. My brother-in-law bought a Suzuki 380GT. I rode it around the yard and the next day bought a 250 Suzuki. I rode that for a year and then bought a Triumph Tiger 750 ... wish I would have kept it. Rolling Eyes
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 November 6th 2010, 3:00 pm

I was about 13, it was a Honda 250 dirtbike. Man I was hooked after that. When I turned 16 I rode my dads Suzuki GS 550. That was a sweet old zuke. I was the only kid in high school who rode to school. And I did. If the roads were clear of snow I didnt care how cold it was!!
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 7th 2010, 7:16 am

first ride was on a mini bike 5 hp Briggs at 8 yrs old. My first bike was a CB 125, rode that thing 20 miles to a girls house every sunday for a summer when my folks were taking their 'nap'. Wink
Was 14 when i bought my 77' RD 400. last year for the two stroke street bike.
i beat alot of 650s with that. Still have both of them. 400 in excellant shape, good project if the day comes.
jeez, kinda got carried away here, had three to go but i'll quit.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 7th 2010, 9:39 am

My cousin always had dirt bikes growing up and I guess the first time I rode one I was about 11. I thought it was fun but I was not hooked. The next year my Dad bought us a brand new Kawasaki KX80. That was a really fun bike but after a few bumps and bruises my parents got scared of it and sold it. I rode on the back of my older cousin's KZ1000 about a year later and that was a blast. In 1989 I was in a really bad ATV accident and fooked myself up pretty good. I did not ride anything after that until I got my X in early '06. I am now hopelessly addicted.........
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 7th 2010, 11:00 am

Know what you mean Joe. Had a 77' KZ900 in high school. I should be dead.
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 7th 2010, 11:40 am

smokum wrote:Know what you mean Joe. Had a 77' KZ900 in high school. I should be dead.

Maybe you are ... Shocked ... maybe we are all just figments of your after life .... affraid
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 7th 2010, 11:43 am

NeonLeon wrote:
smokum wrote:Know what you mean Joe. Had a 77' KZ900 in high school. I should be dead.

Maybe you are ... Shocked ... maybe we are all just figments of your after life .... affraid

What's that you said, speak up. It sounds like yesterday...
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 7th 2010, 12:22 pm

Well ... at least they have motorcycles here ... First time you rode on a motorcycle? 884637
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 7th 2010, 12:59 pm

First time was on a New Cushman, been a year or two ago. Shocked -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 7th 2010, 2:19 pm

I remember those Sears bikes. Big tires and Briggs/Stratton engine. My brother and I rode one around a corner. Actually we didn't get the "around" part accomplished.

5 to go
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down