Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace

+5
whitetrash
Silver Eagle
marang
jaarch
Psalmist
9 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace

Post by Psalmist October 16th 2010, 10:28 pm

Have you ever looked in the mirror and asked "God; why Are you still here?" When you don't feel worth what's on the bottom of your shoes, He still sees something of value. Sometimes we come home in such a rotten mood. We see the glass not only half empty, but also dirty with water spots. That person in front of you all but missed the green light because of an important phone call they had to take. If you had a dog, you'd kick it.

This morning I loaded up the wing with a big expandable metal framed canopy tent and cover. You know, the kind that lets you come in out of the sun. It opens up like a accordian and you velcro the top on. I was in a mood that didn't care if I got there and so what if I'm late. On top of it was my fold out chair. In the trunk and bags were info packets and Bibles. I was loaded down, but wings are like winnebagos. You can pack, drag and carry an elephant if needed. The other guys in our club (Road Riders For Jesus #37) were there waiting for me. After setting up, I went for a walk to be by myself. I looked at other bikes and cars at the rally while passing out flyers.

There was a guy setting up his Harley next to us. He spread out a sparkling white blanket and white taped it to the parking lot. My attitude went further south "What kind of idol did he bring with him to worship?" I thought to myself. Then out came this white and chrome Harley. It had more bling than humanly imagineable. Being courteous, I introduced myself and complimented him on the nice job. Then I walked on with a real self righteous chip on my shoulder. "All these people polishing their idols of steel and leather, what a waste." About ten minutes later I came back and noticed a sign down by the front of the display. It read "This is in memory to my father who owned this bike the night he died in a bike wreck...."

God has a way of yanking our chain. Sometimes it public, but most times its inside out hearts. Broken of pride, I sat down inside our tent display. Two of my friends rode up on their bikes. They're brothers and both have suffered major pain this past year. I didn't realize it until they began to tell their stories. All I could do was listen as they explained the morphine patches that kept them sane. When they were finished, I asked if we could pray for them and they let us.

Ro 2:4
Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

It's by His grace that amazes me. someone said grace stands for God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Jesus paid a price He did not owe for a debt we could not pay. Mercy is NOT getting what we deserve. If we got what we deserve, we'd all be frying.

John Newton was a slave ship captian from 1760 to 1770 when he wrote the hymn Amazing Grace. The melody is likely from the songs sung by the slaves in the ship. The slaves sung in a pentatonic scale, much like the blues scale of today.

Remember today to thank God for what you DO have, and let go of all stinking thinking from what you don't have. I'm praying for you.

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)
That sav’d a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
’Tis grace has brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promis’d good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease;
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call’d me here below,
Will be forever mine.

your humbled servant
dino
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace

Post by jaarch October 16th 2010, 10:48 pm

Awesome Dino! Thank you. You always seem to hit just the right spot each week.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace

Post by marang October 16th 2010, 11:36 pm

jaarch wrote:Awesome Dino! Thank you. You always seem to hit just the right spot each week.

Amen and Amen.

Thanks Dino.
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Eagle October 17th 2010, 6:52 am

Thank's Dino
Silver Eagle
Silver Eagle
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash October 17th 2010, 7:00 am

All I can say is WOW. Thanks Dino. -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack October 17th 2010, 7:53 am

TU thank dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon October 17th 2010, 8:20 am

Thank you my friend ... saved a wretch like me ....

That is my favorite song of all times. My kids have orders to play the version sung by Judy Collins when I am planted. If you have never heard her sing it .... do yourself a favor and find it ... the voice of an angel inspired by HIM.

Thank you Dino .... and as always .... Thank YOU!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum October 17th 2010, 8:27 am

NeonLeon wrote:

Thank you Dino .... and as always .... Thank YOU!

You said it Len
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 October 17th 2010, 12:27 pm

Dino, you got a way with your timing. I know, I know, it's God's timing through you. Thank you my friend for being open to doing His work.

If y'all don't mind, I posted a version of Amazing Grace that touches me very deeply.

Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack October 17th 2010, 1:15 pm

Simpleman77 wrote:Dino, you got a way with your timing. I know, I know, it's God's timing through you. Thank you my friend for being open to doing His work.

If y'all don't mind, I posted a version of Amazing Grace that touches me very deeply.

thanks eric , i had my daughter and grandaughter sing amazing grace at my sisters funeral , the song always touches my heart
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist October 17th 2010, 1:29 pm

WOW shivers and quivers after that strong baritone let loose!! That song is probably sung in heaven. Imagine the subs up there. BOOM!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon October 17th 2010, 1:37 pm

My favorite version:

NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 October 17th 2010, 4:42 pm

Very nice, Len.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack October 17th 2010, 8:15 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Amazing Grace 18966
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down