Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Take every thought captive

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Take every thought captive Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Take every thought captive

Post by Psalmist April 2nd 2016, 7:40 pm

2 Corinthians 10:5

We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

While cleaning out a closet in my office, I came across an electric staple gun. Staple guns around here are worth their weight in gold (maybe fools gold). Well, they're worth a lot to me and the staff. We scratch our names in them so the thief will know who they stole it from and hopefully return It to. I plugged I in and NOTHING. It was dead. Not a pop or a spark. Not even a flash to the fingers. Not being an electrician, I highly respect things that plug in. So, I got a piece of paper and drew a staple gun. Then as I took out 6,987,346 bolts and nuts, I put an arrow where they belonged on my paper and their favorite food. It only took 50 tries to get it together again. Nervously I plugged it in and it worked perfectly. I only attached my sleeve to the bulletin board seven times.

My first thoughts were "What a great staple gun! And I'll never be able to fix it." But then a scripture came into my head:

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me.

Yes, we have a battle going on in our heads all the time. Is it possible to do this or that? The answer is usually YES! but we sometimes let doubt come in and set up camp.

Mark 10:27

And Iesus looking vpon them, saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible

Is God concerned with staple guns? Probably not. But maybe He's concerned with EVERY aspect of your life. I think He enjoys watching you. Have you ever been working on your bike and lost a micro bolt that holds your cruising peg's swivel arm to the crash bar of your bike? Then you spend the next hour with your face to the garage floor looking for it. After such time you consider praying for God to help you find it. And VIOLA! it's next to your front tire.

Before I began writing this SMH I was listing to talk radio. The guy on there was really negative and blasted many of those running for president. Soon after listening to this program, my attitude went south also. So I turned it off and hope returned. You are what you think and listen to. What you dwell on, you will become. Are you a quitter? Do you give up easy? Is the glass half empty? ABSOLUTELY not. You can't quit or give up. You keep pressing on. REO Speedwagon had a song called 'Keep Pressin' On". So if you've been down or defeated, do what King David did.

1 Samuel 30:6

And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved,[1] every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.

Encourage yourself in the Lord. I hope you have a great week and get some good riding in. Surround yourself with good people that encourage you. I have a great family that does this and good friends that listen and help too. Thank you for being there. I'm praying for you.

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Take every thought captive Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Take every thought captive

Post by actionpack April 3rd 2016, 6:12 am

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum