Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race p2

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race p2 Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race p2

Post by Psalmist June 20th 2015, 7:52 pm

Fannie and Platty were mothers. p.2

I left out a small detail about the land of Kerflunk. Sequences and images are often reversed. As our words have many meanings, so do objects in Kerflunk.

After a long night in the moon, Fannie gathered her seven and they started up the narrow path. "So soon?" came a voice from the river Nis. Fannie hushed her little ones "Moi. It's time we head back and ....." Fannie looked around but Moi was missing. In a panic, Fannie raced (waddled fast) to the river. Moi was sitting on an old log talking to the creature in the river. "Honey! It's not nice to talk to strange creatures in the river.."..'Hi Fannie!' came the voice from the river. "You don't remember me do you? Because of my odd features, the other ducks made fun of me and threw seeds at me. After awhile I got so depressed; I tried to end it all. I threw myself into this river, hoping to end it all. Funny thing, there were alot of creatures just like me in here swimming around." After a long pause, Fannie adjusted her glasses and cleared her throat. "PPPPPlatty?? Is that really you? We thought you you... ah, well..." "Died?" Platty laughed. "Ya, been there, tried that, got the frig magnet to prove it. No, I'm very alive. I'm actually an assistant to the Lifeguard. My rank is LA33. Cool eh?" "More like confusing." Fannie mumbled "For the past 7 years, the Lifeguard has taught me survival skills in the river and what areas are totally off limits. We do 'search and rescue' drills daily." Platty burst out of the river "FOUR!" Moi 'ducked' under Fannie for shelter. The other six ducklings sat on the path staring at the large creature in the moonlight. Fannie and Platty hugged and cried for some time. "Remember when we........" giggled tones came from both.

As they were sharing stories and memories, a little white goose pressed into Fannie. "My mother jumped into the river and never came back. Do you have any food?" "What's your name?" Fannie asked. "They call him 'Little Snap'. The other geese reject him." answered Platty. "The Lifeguard always brings enuff food for everyone. But the bigger stronger geese steal some of his food. That's why he's considerably smaller and slower." Fannie put her large wing around Little Snap. "You're coming with us. We have lots of food."

Fannie, her seven dark ducklings and a little white goose made their way up the path. "Will I see you again?" inquired Platty

Fannie turned to Platty and smiled, "Of course! You have something of mine. Something I only give to a few special friends. Be careful not to drop it or break it." And off she went with her little ones.

p3 Sloth and the Big Blue Door

Sloth stood outside the big blue door. Her eyes welled up as she waited. She had no ticket to go through. "Move aside...Coming thru!" said the big brown bear. "I'm so hungry! I could eat a ....hmm I wonder what we eat in there. It's gotta be good. Yes! I'm sure it will be good."

"What happened to your coat? There's a big hole in the middle." Sloth asked. "Huh?" replied Choc. "Where?" Suddenly the hole disapeared and his coat was like new. "Things are really different here. I was running from thunder when I felt a sharp pain right..... well, somewhere around here (feeling his coat). I feel good now. How STRANGE! Do you smell that? Young trout! Gotta run."

"Wait!" cried Sloth. "Can you tell someone in there something for me? I haven't seen them for some time." Choc turned and smiled at Sloth, "I'm not allowed I was just told. But, you'll get your ticket soon." and with that Choc danced into the land of Wow. The big blue door closed and vanished. Tears flowed like rain from Sloth's face as she aimlessly walked away from a moment in time. She laid in the grass and wept uncontrollably. "Does anyone care or understand me? Why am I here alone?" In the distance she could here a storm coming and knew she needed to get back to her cave. But she didn't care. "I just want to pass through the blue door. What does anything matter? Who cares? WHO CARES?? They all went through the door. What's wrong with me?"

She began to feel a few drops on the back of her neck as she lay face down in the tall grass. "Grreat! I'm gonna get soaked. So what! I don't care anymore. No one cares." A few more drops fell on her back and neck. There was a warm wind moving her coat. But it wasn't like any wind she'd felt in a long time. Like the smell of springtime, she thought someone was breathing on her. Petrified, she didn't move. Strangely, the drops were warm and focused to an area in her upper back. The thunder stopped, yet the light rain came still. There was a kind of magic in the rain. It seemed to refresh her heart. Then it stopped. The wind and presence were gone. Slowly and fearfully she looked up. There was a necklace of roses next to her with a note. All it said was "Soon" Jumping up she looked in every direction. Far in the distance she saw a bright light getting smaller. Looking up into the cloudless sky was a cropduster plane. It was obviously goofing off. Across the sky it was painting hearts. in the middle of the hearts it wrote "SOON". Sloth began to laugh and cry in joy. "How did you know?" she thought to herself. Again as if to make one last pass, the old plane sputtered diving and climbing, "I just do" blazed across the sky in pink, and it was gone.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race p2 Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Race p2

Post by actionpack June 20th 2015, 8:30 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter