Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gettin' Old ....

+3
hastemaker
actionpack
trip
7 posters

Go down

Gettin' Old .... Empty Gettin' Old ....

Post by NeonLeon June 15th 2015, 9:56 am

So last weekend I turned 61 ... damn .... when did that happen? I  had the lady and gent that takes care of my financials over one evening last week. After going through my and Pam's stuff the woman brought up the "R" word ..... RETIREMENT HOLY CRAP when did that happen? So anyway .... they commenced to explain to me that I am losing money going to work every day. So in a few months I will work my last day ... better bring out the big prayers for this one Dino. I am ready .... lots of stuff on the list to take care of .... look out world ... here I come.

Trip ... any regrets????
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Gettin' Old .... Empty Re: Gettin' Old ....

Post by trip June 15th 2015, 3:23 pm

NeonLeon wrote:So last weekend I turned 61 ... damn .... when did that happen? I  had the lady and gent that takes care of my financials over one evening last week. After going through my and Pam's stuff the woman brought up the "R" word ..... RETIREMENT HOLY CRAP when did that happen? So anyway .... they commenced to explain to me that I am losing money going to work every day. So in a few months I will work my last day ... better bring out the big prayers for this one Dino. I am ready .... lots of stuff on the list to take care of .... look out world ... here I come.

Trip ... any regrets????
None at all.  Happy for you.  Now come down for a visit.  We have a spare room.  

My wife worked with Social Security for 40 years and always said retire as soon a possible.  You don't know how many years you have left.  Have fun while you can.  But.  Don't set down. Those that retire and set down don't last long.  Keep active, keep moving and doing things.  Find hobbies or a part time job.  Travel.  Do something to keep your body moving and your mind active.

Congrats on retirement.  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack June 15th 2015, 6:20 pm

congrats to pam and you on the retirement , you will find after you retire , how short the days are and how busy they get , been out of the working field for a long time , but find myself busyer then ever , ARK
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by hastemaker June 15th 2015, 6:25 pm

NeonLeon wrote:So last weekend I turned 61 ... damn .... when did that happen? I  had the lady and gent that takes care of my financials over one evening last week. After going through my and Pam's stuff the woman brought up the "R" word ..... RETIREMENT HOLY CRAP when did that happen? So anyway .... they commenced to explain to me that I am losing money going to work every day. So in a few months I will work my last day ... better bring out the big prayers for this one Dino. I am ready .... lots of stuff on the list to take care of .... look out world ... here I come.

Trip ... any regrets????
61...I think I remember when that happened...oh yea I was still working with plans to work another 10 years...but only worked for another 3 years..oh well so much for my plan..
hastemaker
hastemaker
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 558

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyedorange June 18th 2015, 8:41 pm

Now you will have time to meet us at the Kickstand Lodge, no excuses. I came to your place, time for you to come down south for a few days.
Oh yea, congrats my friend. Thumbs Up
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon June 19th 2015, 10:28 am

Look what the heck the car drug in!!!! How in the hell are you my friend? The kick stand is actually on my bucket list .... that and throwing a whoopin' on Fred ... Shocked

Great to hear from you!
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by trip July 2nd 2015, 7:01 am

NeonLeon wrote:Look what the heck the car drug in!!!! How in the hell are you my friend? The kick stand is actually on my bucket list .... that and throwing a whoopin' on Fred ... Shocked

Great to hear from you!
If you ever head South let us now. Would love to meet up with you somewhere if I can. We still got that room.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash July 23rd 2015, 2:27 pm

CONGRATS Len, watch out because the years go by faster and faster now.---- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon July 23rd 2015, 5:12 pm

Len in the South with all of us? You need something to do for retirement.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum