Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : reproducing

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : reproducing Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : reproducing

Post by Psalmist April 11th 2015, 9:12 pm

1Pe 2:21 -For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,

2Th 3:7 -For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you,

2Th 3:9 -not because we do not have the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, so that you would follow our example.

After spending much time in dr offices, I have learned a few things about cells and cancer. A few weeks ago I was chosen as one of four in the world to receive this new test drug study. It affects the cancer cells like a switch. Normal cells reproduce themselves then shut off. Cancer cells just keep on reproducing as fast as they can. They have no 'switch' to turn themselves off. So this study I'm a part of consists of 3 pills daily. They go into the cancer cells and become a switch. This switch shuts down the cancer and it dies. This medicine is from Switzerland. It has worked well in other forms of cancer so let's hope and pray this destroys prostate cancer.

You are constantly reproducing cells in your body. After a cell reproduces itself it dies. You are always being watched and measured. Sometimes it's for good and sometimes it's for bad. Have you ever said something to your kids about someone, only to have them go tell that person. When I was a little tike my mom spoke about one of my friends parents. I went right out and told my buddy just what she thought of his parents. I quickly found out that was the wrong thing to do. We are so much like our parents and friends. I find myself quoting both quite often. My dad used to say something like 'koogilee koo?' or koobilie koo?' and I can't figure out which one is right. So, I pass on saying that to my kids. In heaven I'm going to find the origin of many of our dumb phrases. or not.

Paul taught us to follow his example in being Christ like, yet he called himself 'chief among sinners'. Everywhere he went, he lived his teaching. What he said and did was reproduced in so many lives. He never said "Do as I say, NOT as I do." Like king David, Paul was probably quick to repent. David messed up a LOT! But in time God called him a 'man after mine own heart'. Even Jesus was called 'Son of David'.

So we find a lot of imperfect people in the Bible and God used them regardless of their flaws. Maybe God uses us because of our flaws. You might think '...so and so could do this much better." and you might be right. But God chose you to do it and He really enjoys you. He even enjoys when you do it wrong. He doesn't stay in our failures, but picks us up and says "Wow! That was close! Try it again." God really likes you, even though you don't (most of the time). He knows you're going to fail and fall before you do. It's what you do afterwards that sets you apart. Become like a 'super ball' and bounce back higher.

This week I have received 5 units of blood because of low hematocrit and hemoglobin. No I don't have a clue what they do either. So, your prayers are greatly appreciated. Ask God to destroy those cancer cells. Have a fantastic week and get some incredible riding in! I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : reproducing Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : reproducing

Post by trip April 12th 2015, 6:42 am

Thanks Dino. Praying the new test drug works for you.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack April 12th 2015, 5:41 pm

thanks dino , prayers be with you with the new meds
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon April 14th 2015, 11:25 am

Praying for you my brother and I KNOW HE is listening because HE loves you too. Wink
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum