Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work.

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work. Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work.

Post by Psalmist February 7th 2015, 3:15 pm

Ro 8:28 - And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

There's a small problem with buying on Ebay. Sometimes the item doesn't work or fit. Last week two boxes arrived via truck to my house. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when they came. One was a black crash bar/ engine guard and the other was a set of Viking saddlebags. Both I won just in the last minutes of the auction. When I opened the saddlebags box, there was a single wrap of bubble wrap around part of each bag. Coming halfway across the country this would be fine if it was in the trunk of someone's Caddy. But trucks are not so delicate. One bag had the lid torn off it and whoever shipped this, left the keys in the lock of the lid. So the key got mashed sideways. And the mounting brackets were missing. The sellor quickly refunded the purchase which was nice.

So I moved on to the Lindby crash guard. Lindby makes a nice product and this one was glossy black with mounting bolts and spacers. This ought to be easy to install. I centered it on the top bolt of the radiator and realized the side mounting holes were way off the target. So I started pushing and pulling to "Make it fit". After some time fully exhausted I looked at the floor and saw a small green puddle starting. With all my brute strength I tore one of the lower radiator mounts from the radiator. So now I have a bar that doesn't fit, a leaking radiator, and two smashed saddlebags in my garage.

Have you ever noticed it's a lot easier to take something apart than to put it back together again? The radiator case on a VTX has several layers of metal at the bolt holes. It was time for a prayer meeting. After prayer, the holes lined up and it came back together again. Honda has done a good job of hiding the radiator cap up under the gas tank and the seat bolts under the seat. What happened to the key/seat latch? That was easy. I counted on about a quart of gas in the tank that I would need to catch when the hose was disconnected. I got a bucket in place and out came a gallon of gas. I was prepared with a 5 quart container. Unfortunately the bottom was cracked. Now I have a gallon of gas all over the floor. It's midnight, I'm worn out, and my wife reminds me of how well the house ductwork moves air from garage to rooms inside. And I still have two boxes in my garage with useless accessories. It was time for a shower and bed.

The next day I took my radiator to a shop and they welded it nicely for $50. So altogether I was out about $400 and the bike was still in pieces in the garage. Last night I finished the project and made it to the gas station just before closing.

So what is the final evaluation? Maybe I wasn't supposed to ride for a few days. The Bible says "ALL" things work together for good.' I really learned a lot about my bike and how to pray accurately. One of my joys in life is praying for people on the spot. It's pretty easy to spot those that don't pray very often by their responses. They often request vague situations like 'whirled peas' or something like that. Last night after full assembly of the VTX I went for a cool ride to the gas station. The reserve light was on and it was after 10 pm. Again I'm praying that they are open. It's good to live and pray without seizing. I got to the pumps before the lights went off. As I went inside I saw Lindsey. I have prayed with her several times. She had a very direct need and we took time at the counter to pray for this. Was God orchestrating this whole chain of events? Maybe. It all works for good and I'm back in the saddle again. I got a fresh coolant change too! That radiator weld might have blown while on our way to Sturgis or Moab this summer. Now it's stronger than original. We need to not try and make things work or fit when it comes to accessories on our bikes. If they don't line up, box them up. The same is in life. You can't change someone, no matter how hard you try. Ask Jesus to change you, and thank Him for it as He does. He is patient and kind. He is love, and Jesus is crazy about you. Will you be His valentine? Imagine a big heart with a cross extending edge to edge over it. He's asking 'Will you be mine?'

Have an awesome week of riding with those you love. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work. Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work.

Post by NeonLeon February 7th 2015, 7:37 pm

gracias Dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work. Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Well that didn't work.

Post by actionpack February 7th 2015, 7:54 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by trip February 7th 2015, 10:24 pm

Well that didn't work. One of my favorite sayings. Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum