Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : devils

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : devils Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : devils

Post by Psalmist June 14th 2014, 9:24 pm

John 8: 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: F19 for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Well Happy Father's Day! I want to talk about an important topic that is so blown out of proportion; devils. Jesus speaks of the devil here because He knows that the devil has produced lies. So much so, He calls him the father of lies. One of the biggest lies going around is that 'The devil made me do it!' (Flip Wilson). People think the devil satan is all over the place. he's not. he's just one created being in one place at one time. The devil doesn't make you do anything. You have a choice to act stupid. Are there devils? Absolutely, and they take notes on what you say and do. Then they try and draw you thru lies of their own. Jesus called the devil a thief that came to steal, kill, and destroy. But more importantly Jesus came to give life and that more abundantly.

So what are some of the attributes Jesus has that satan doesn't? Jesus is omnipresent or everywhere all the time. Yeah that's a tough one for me to get my head around too. But you could take roll anywhere in the universe and He'd say "Here." In Job God asked satan where he was. He replied 'walking to and fro on the Earth.' Sure the devil has demons scattered everywhere. I get calls a lot from people that see and hear 'spirits' from dead people in their house. They tell me of conversations they've had with people of the past. All that is, is stupid demons trying to distract or scare people. I like what Jesus said about satan in Matthew 12

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub F26 the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

This name Beelzebub or Belzebul simply means 'lord of the flies, maggots, and dunghill'. I see a maggot, I squash it and listen to it pop. In light of the power of Jesus Christ, satan is just a maggot. There is no reason to be scared of him. Isaiah 14 speaks of his demise and the reactions of kings when they will see him.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Jesus is all powerful or omnipotent. There's nothing He can't do. With God all things are possible. Of course the next question might be 'Then why doesn't He...?' Well His ways are higher than ours. He hears every prayer and His timing is perfect. satan is not all powerful. he actually has very little power. he's just a toothless lion seeking anyone who is week.

Also Jesus is omniscient or all knowing. satan knows very little except how to lie. he can't read your mind, but he can try and fill you with evil thoughts or try to distract you from the beautiful presence of God. Where is satan now? Probably in one of the power cities of the world. He might be in London or Bagdad, or Washington. He's probably not in Toledo or Fort Smith. For that he has little maggots screaming and trying to torment people.

So put on the full armor of God and stand against the devils lies and fiery darts. You definitely are in a battle and you can overcome. But it's only by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony (Rev 12:11). No weapon formed against you will prosper. Be an overcomer in Jesus Christ and don't give any place to the devil. I hope this is the best week of your life and you get lots of riding in. Keep riding for Jesus Christ. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : devils Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : devils

Post by trip June 14th 2014, 10:03 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter