Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty

Post by Psalmist December 1st 2013, 6:35 am

Sunday Mornin' Hope : for the love of Patty
The Story of the Persistent Widow
1Jesus told them a story showing that it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit. 2He said, "There was once a judge in some city who never gave God a thought and cared nothing for people. 3A widow in that city kept after him: "My rights are being violated. Protect me!'

4"He never gave her the time of day. But after this went on and on he said to himself, "I care nothing what God thinks, even less what people think. 5But because this widow won't quit badgering me, I'd better do something and see that she gets justice--otherwise I'm going to end up beaten black and blue by her pounding.'"
6Then the Master said, "Do you hear what that judge, corrupt as he is, is saying? 7So what makes you think God won't step in and work justice for his chosen people, who continue to cry out for help? Won't he stick up for them? 8I assure you, he will. He will not drag his feet. But how much of that kind of persistent faith will the Son of Man find on the earth when he returns?" Luke 18.

As we were driving up to Springfield for Thanksgiving, Patty and I were remembering last year's crazy time in WalMart on that Thursday night. After that, I promised myself I would never do that again. If she and the kids wanted to fight the crazies, more power to her. I was going to enjoy my thanksgiving. Once was enough. There was a 32 inch tv going on sale for $98 on Thursday night and she really really wanted it. But I was NOT going to fight the parking and all the nuts for a stupid tv we didnt need.

I think it was around 4a.m. I turned to her in bed and said "I'm going to get you that tv." she's been having back problems and I knew she wouldn't be able to stand or sit that long in line. So our children volunteered to go with me and get it. Just like last year it was total craziness. We got there at least an hour early to get a bracelet and wait in the paint aisle. My kids were very creative. One went out for deli chicken and another pulled down some 5 gal paint cans for stools. So we broke chicken together in the paint aisle and waited for the 6 o clock rush. We actually got a $98 tv!! After we got it, there were about 20 left. The line was very long behind us and I'm sure many didn't get one.

Tonight the TV looked very nice as we watched some Christmas movie. Next year I'm going to try to figure out a way to be far from WalMart. I'm not making any promises. It's amazing what you will do for love.

Have a great Christmas shopping spree. I hope some of you still get some riding in. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty

Post by jaarch December 1st 2013, 7:37 am

What a very kind and loving gesture you and your children made Dino. I would do the same for Juanita if it were in my power to do so. I'm getting better, just not quite there yet. I'll keep praying and being grateful for what I have. Thank you!
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : For the love of Patty

Post by actionpack December 1st 2013, 6:28 pm

good man dino , thanks for the words
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum