Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Joe

3 posters

Go down

Hey Joe Empty Hey Joe

Post by tcarp66 November 5th 2013, 8:35 pm

So, how about an update on how your doin since the crash..........you aint really ridin around in a scooter chair are ya......Shocked 
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 3176

Back to top Go down

Hey Joe Empty Re: Hey Joe

Post by jaarch November 14th 2013, 9:58 am

I'm doing good. I finally had surgery on my back in May and I have been recovering from that. Sadly, I will probably not be getting any feeling back below my nipple line. I still have hope but I do not dwell on it. I move on. We are working on getting the house paid down enough to sell it and move to Texas. That has been our dream for a long time. My chair is supposed to be temporary until I can transfer to a manual one but, I need another surgery on my hips to allow me to transfer from chair to chair and bed, etc... so, for now, six wheels it is. I am driving again. We have a new van and it is set up for me to drive from my wheelchair. I have my driving test with the DMV on Nov 20. I can't wait to be able to drive on my own again.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by fcsnuffy November 14th 2013, 10:40 am

hope all goes well on the driving test joe. crap, i'd hate to have to take one now. i've picked up so many bad habits over the years, i'd probably get thrown in jail if an instructor took a ride with me.
fcsnuffy
fcsnuffy
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2249
Location : ft. cobb oklahoma, just southwest of the center of the universe

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 14th 2013, 10:42 am

I actually read the entire drivers handbook cover to cover! It's amazing how many things I was not aware of in there.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 November 14th 2013, 1:42 pm

Joe
I just re-read your post from last year when you gave us the details of your crash. It sounded like you would fully recover. Are you able to walk? From the sounds of this post you are having a lot of problems. I wasnt aware it was that bad. If you dont want to comment further here I will look for your response on the BP.
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 14th 2013, 1:53 pm

I have no problems posting here. I severed my spinal cord at T3 (Middle of chest). My injury is considered "Complete" which means I have no activity through my spinal cord from that point down. There is a slim possibility that my body will heal itself but most people with this injury don't get anything back. I work every day to adapt my living conditions to my physical abilities. I have become very good at directing repairs around the house to my wife and sons. There are still many things I can do.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarp66 November 14th 2013, 2:16 pm

wow Joe, I didnt realize it was that serious. You have had to make some adjustments.....Stay strong Bro
tcarp66
tcarp66
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum