Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Knock Knock

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Knock Knock Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Knock Knock

Post by Psalmist July 6th 2013, 10:20 pm

Riding my wing back from Marquette Michigan to Fort Smith, Arkansas is a trip I prefer to do in three sections. Yesterday on my second day of travel I stopped in Spfld, IL at a McDonalds for a quick stop. While in the bathroom I heard a light tapping on the stall door. Here's part of our conversation: (he was a little boy appx 6 yrs)

"I'll be right out."

"okay"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, but I gotta poop."

"Give me 39 seconds, ok?"

"I went to the fireworks last night. Are you coming tonight?"

"No I'm just passing through. It's all yours."

"Ok Thanks."

I loved the attitude of that boy. Honest and open, those were the days. Now we have to be so careful not to offend and be PC. Paula Dean got hung for something she said in passing. After being 'let go' from her tv show, her books began selling like crazy. I think she'll be back on another network very soon and make more money. People say things wrong all the time, right?

Matthew 22:15-22
15 That's when the Pharisees plotted a way to trap him into saying something damaging. 16 They sent their disciples, with a few of Herod's followers mixed in, to ask, "Teacher, we know you have integrity, teach the way of God accurately, are indifferent to popular opinion, and don't pander to your students.

The Pharisees were constantly trying to trap Jesus with something He said. Some people today are looking to trap or mock you for what you say. What kind of people are these that take apart what you say? Usually low or no intelligent people that can't find a way to start a thread. Sure some people will post something humorous once in awhile about something you said wrong. That's to be expected. We all say something and mean another, quite often. At least I do.

1Jo 1:10 -
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Thank God for honest friends that correct me in love and meekness. I know when I post this 'SMH' to different forums, there will be some waiting to shred it up. I'm surprised when they don't. At least I know they're getting the word of God also. His word will not return void.

Col 3:16 -
Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

I want to cultivate a thankful heart. We have so much to be thankful for. Even if you feel that you have very little, compared to some countries you are rich. Don't ever equate riches with finances. It's not money that makes you rich. It's your friends and family, and mostly a life in Jesus Christ. If you are in Jesus Christ and He's in you, you are rich beyond measure. You inherit all that He has!

Ro 8:17 -
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

So be careful what you say and who you say it too (that was for me, not you). Say five good things about a person before saying something derogative. Anyway, have a great week and go for a ride. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum