Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Favor of God

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Favor of God Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Favor of God

Post by Psalmist June 1st 2013, 9:30 pm

Who is it that you think about much of the time? Is it a family member or maybe even a pet. I realize that when one of our dogs is sick, that will occupy much of my time and prayers. But more than that, a family member will always be near and dear to my heart. And more than just a family member is my bride of 32 years this past week. We must've gotten married very early in life. We both think we're in our 20's. Well at least until the morning when we try and get out of bed. Then we are reminded that our 'clock' might have missed a few rounds somewhere.

It was the favor of God when we met. We were just good friends and both were in serious relationships. Both of our situations fell apart over a matter of a year. We remained friends and she went away to Florida for the summer. There was nothing more than friendship for us until she came back. It was the summer of 1980 when I called her house to see when she was coming home. She had just gotten back, so I asked her to go with me to a 'romantic' movie "Caddyshack". As I was riding my Yamaha 200 to pick her up; she asked her mom "Would this be okay to wear on a bike?" When I arrived, her mom tried everything to get me to take her in one of their fine safe cars. Maybe I didn't get the hint or was just stubborn. We took the bike.

Every few years year the bike grew a bit: Yamaha 200-Yamaha 400- Honda 750- Suzuki 750 (Water Buffalo)- Suzuki GS1000L- Suzuki GS1100GKD- Kawasaki Vulcan 1500- Vulcan Nomad 1500- GL1200 LTD- BMW 750R- VTX 1800R- VTX1800N- GL1500 (89,92,95,98,99) and now 04 GL1800. We never had a Harley, but they are fine bikes. I was blessed 32 years ago to find a wonderful Christian Biker Babe. Nobody sits on the back of my bike but her and my family. I found the favor of God when I married her, I married UP.

There's something about living in the 'favor of God'. We have been blessed to ride on many of our anniversaries to other states and camp in the state parks. My wife is very frugal and so we were able to afford these trips on a shoestring budget.

Ps 90:17 -
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.

Pr 3:4 -
So you will find favor and good repute In the sight of God and man.

Da 9:13
"As it is written in the law of Moses, all this calamity has come on us; yet we have not sought the favor of the LORD our God by turning from our iniquity and
giving attention to Your truth.

This last scripture shows the key to finding God's favor. By turning away from sin (repenting) and obeying the Word of God. God's word is truth and those who 'give attention' to it will find favor. This does not mean there won't be hard times and trials. That just comes with life. Daniel found God's favor while he was a slave in a foreign country. History records that Daniel was worth over a million dollars and had hundreds of servants when he was old. When Belshazzar offered Daniel great wealth to interpret the writing on the wall; Daniel said "Keep it or give it to someone else." God had blessed Daniel and his friends greatly.

Do you want God's blessings and favor? Turn you life over to Him. Let Jesus Christ take control of your everything. He will guide and bless your steps. "With God all things are possible." I hope you have a great week and ride in God's favor. Remember I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Favor of God Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : The Favor of God

Post by trip June 2nd 2013, 9:25 am

Thanks Dino. Hope to see you soon.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum