Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quick trip to California

5 posters

Go down

quick trip to California Empty quick trip to California

Post by shuterbg September 25th 2011, 6:36 pm

I just got a call today from the gal Tasha will be moving down to California with. Her lawyer told her today that she got the permission to go so go. SO looks like they are leaving in the morning to head down there. She actually wanted to go tonight but Tasha was at the movies and has to work 7-midnight tonight. so they are going to go tomorrow morning. They had an extra driver that was supposed to go down with them but she can't go now. Michelle will be driving her kids in her mini van and Tasha will be driving her car down. WE do NOT want them driving down with no extra help. So looks like I am taking an unplanned trip down to California. I will help them drive down and then fly home. Somehow God will provide the unexpected funds for me to get home. But hey I am need of a vacation anyway!!
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 2031

Back to top Go down

quick trip to California Empty Re: quick trip to California

Post by jaarch September 25th 2011, 9:12 pm

Have a safe trip. If you happen to see a red VTX 1300 headed south with a suitcase strapped to the back and an old fat guy riding, give me a wave. I'm headed to San Diego tomorrow for a week.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack September 25th 2011, 9:27 pm

have a good trip monica , TU
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist September 27th 2011, 2:32 am

Sounds like a great bike trip to me. I'd find a way to take the bike instead of being caged up. Have a wonderful trip.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by shuterbg September 27th 2011, 10:31 pm

Thanks all. We are having an awesome trip. Had to stop again tonight. We are in Kettleman CA. We got a room at the Best Western. If anyone has to stop here the extra money we are paying to stay here rather than across the street was worth it. We got a suite for the price of a regular room so we could all be next to each other. They are just really nice here too.

This trip there was just no way I could ride. There is no way my daughter could drive alone all that way and that is the only reason I am on this trip. I really didn't have the money for it, but when God asks you do something you don't let lack of funds stop you. He will always provide.
I am just so happy to have this special time with Tasha.

ANd boy is it hot!! ANd we haven't even hit the hottest part of the state yet. Thank goodness for ac.

Oh and went to IN and Out burger for first time. Yummy burger.

We went and got some wine coolers and are ready to have some wine coolers and relax before bedtime.
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch September 27th 2011, 10:43 pm

Wow! You guys are only 33 miles from my place. If I had been home I could have met you guys and upped my Biker Haven meet and greets to two.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by shuterbg October 1st 2011, 7:57 pm

jaarch wrote:Wow! You guys are only 33 miles from my place. If I had been home I could have met you guys and upped my Biker Haven meet and greets to two.

I was fallowing someone else down so we were stopping when she wanted to stop. I want to ride down there sometime. Not sure if we could swing it next year or not. Most likely be a couple years. When we go down that way then we can see about a meet up. Until then we will probably fly down.
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by shuterbg October 1st 2011, 8:00 pm

I just got home. Had a great time with Tasha and also seeing friends I haven't seen in years. it was a very long day thought. Left for airport at 5am and got home at 3:30pm between the one stop, then layover in Seattle. I had to sit at the Seattle Airport for 2 1/2 hours waiting for my flight to Bellingham. I could have had clint pick me up in Seattle and been home before my flight left for Bellingham. But he wanted to pick me up there because its just as close and less traffic.
shuterbg
shuterbg
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack October 1st 2011, 8:44 pm

glad ya had a good time , thats a long time to set at a airport , to bad that part did'nt work our for ya , bouncb
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum October 2nd 2011, 10:56 pm

Glad ya had fun and got home safe!
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter