Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid Weak Munchies : The Race p6

3 posters

Go down

Mid Weak Munchies : The Race p6 Empty Mid Weak Munchies : The Race p6

Post by Psalmist May 19th 2011, 2:07 am

As Puffy found herself making a dust cloud behind her from running over a sand dune, she stopped. 'How strange!' she thought to herself. One second she's navigating river currents, then suddenly she's on a deserted island. Well ok, it was a big pile of sand in the middle of nowhere. Near the end of the sand was a table of food. To the right side was a sign that said "This table is reserved for roadrunners only. All food is free and delicious, but only take one." Puffy laughed and said outloud, "Who's he trying to fool? I recognize a trap anywhere. That dolphin wants me to eat everything on this table so Platty can pass me and win the race! HAHAHA! That's not going to happen. Stupid Dolphin. BTW, where is that strange looking porpoise?" At the other end of the sand bar was a large long rock. One end of it looked like it had splinters with dish shaped barnacles on it. 'Maybe these were fossilized plates from centuries ago.' Puffy thought. They seemed glued to eight old table legs stacked by a round rock. 'Funny!' Puffy blurted outloud. 'I don't remember that rock when I first landed on this island. Of course I was moving pretty fast. I am the fastest living animal on the Earth. The rock was fashioned in a chair/couch design. Puffy's stomach began to growl, 'Only one of each will give me enough strength to get across the river and back.' She pushed one of the red carots to see the under side. It looked and smelled delicious. "Maybe just one..." As Puffy was about to bite into it she heard a distant voice.."YoooHoooo!" Looking up she saw a giant white owl coming in as if to land. "Don't touch that junk!!" Puffy got so scared of the massive bird, she fainted. A few moments later she began to get up again. WHAM! She was down face first in the sand. She screamed into the sand "Do....ll.. ee!" The owl took Puffy by the 'wanabewings' and pulled her up, "What were you tring to say with a mouthful of sand?" Puffy shaking all over stuttered "Dddddon't kkkkkkkkkill mmmmammammee!"

Laughing, the owl looked around to see if anyone else was there. "I think you're safe now. I was sent here by the race comissioner. We've been watching you on the monitor. You got off course some." Puffy struggled to get up. "Help me sit on that rock for a moment to get my breath." "What rock?" replied the owl "All I see is sand and a large table of staert lufnis." Spitting sand out of her mouth, Puffy pointed in the direction..."It was right there a minute ago. Maybe it's the sun playing tricks on me. I don't feel good, and my strength is pretty low." The owl swatted the table into the river. As the food plopped into the river it hissed like a bunch of baby snakes. "You must be very careful where you look for strength. That would've killed you eventually. Here, have one of these. Suddenly, you will be able to reset your course and move with the wind again." The owl handed Puffy a green bar with red spots. As Puffy bit into it, juice squirted out like a ripe Georgia peach. "How yummy!.." Puffy smacked and slurped. "Sorry for the bad manners." Puffy turned away in embarrasment to wipe her chin and mouth...."What did you say your name is?" But the owl was gone. In the sand was a compass type arrow pointed to the left about 40 degrees. Written below the arrow it said "Hurry. The race is nearly over."

Puffy heard a big splash in the direction where the rock was. There was a long object resembling a stick. Then it was gone. "Why would a huge stick be out here when there's no trees?" Puffy puzzeled to herself and sped off in the direction of the arrow. At water's edge she was moving 95 mph. The cool water felt good after the hot sand. The sun was going down and navigation would be challenging. 99 mph, 105 mph Puffy saw land in the distance. It was much farther away than she thought, but at least she could spend the night there. As the stars came out, she was still moving across the water. Then a full moon lit up the waves and Puffy's path to the beach. Off in the distance to the right Puffy heard a familiar voice "We'll meet again ssssoon." Glancing in that general direction was a big splash but nothing visible.

Puffy sped up and soon was tripping and tumbling over strange animals and birds on the beach. Everyone was heading in the same direction. With a whap to the back of the head, Puffy went flying into the dirt face first. "Ooops! Sorry 'baout that mate. First time here? Me too. Where ya from?" Puffy wanted to return the greeting with greater intensity but noticed all matching birds and she was the oddball. "Yeah first and hopefully the last time here. I'm from...... somewhere else."

"I'm Peter from donunder." We're all here for the penguin party. you're more than welcome to join us. We're a friendly lot." Puffy ducked as Peter's friend came up to introduce himself. Peter and the other penguin slapped 'high 1's' and danced a routine of greeting with each other, concluding with a bellie bounce in the air. "Where's everyone going in such a hurry?" Puffy asked Peter. "It's almost time for the Teacher. You want to get up close and not miss A thing! He explains things like no other has ever." Puffy stopped Peter for a second but he kept waddling, "What's his name?" Everyone in ear range let out a giggle. "You honestly don't know?" Peter's friend laughed as he popped Puffy in the back of the head. BAM! into the sand again. "Ooops! Sorry mate. That one might hurt tomorrow. Hope not." Puffy determined to get there in one piece replied in a frustrated distance tone, "No I don't have a clue."

All the penguins near spoke together as if on cue "He's Wonderful!"

Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Mid Weak Munchies : The Race p6 Empty Re: Mid Weak Munchies : The Race p6

Post by tcarp66 May 19th 2011, 8:47 am

Awe-Man..........you jumped from pt2 to pt6......... Sad
tcarp66
tcarp66