Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Need to be Careful Out There

+2
Psalmist
Simpleman77
6 posters

Go down

I Need to be Careful Out There Empty I Need to be Careful Out There

Post by Simpleman77 November 23rd 2010, 9:23 pm

Deadly South Beach Eviction

Police on Tuesday officially identified the shooter in a deadly South Beach condo eviction, but said they have not yet filed criminal charges against the man because he remains hospitalized.
Joseph Richer, 44, of Miami Beach, had been locked in a long legal dispute with his father, Charles, over the unit at the oceanfront Royal Atlantic Condominium, 465 Ocean Dr. Richer had been living there for seven years without making any payments.
On Monday morning, an eviction team including Miami-Dade police, movers, a locksmith and a laborer, knocked on the door of Unit 211 to take possession of the apartment.
Richer opened fire, fatally wounding laborer Carlos Alberto Gomez, 61, of Miami.
A police officer returned fire, wounding Richer, who remains at Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical condition. ``Because he's been hospitalized we haven't been able to interview him,'' said Detective Javier Baez, a Miami-Dade police spokesman.
The names of the officers involved in the incident have not been released.
On Tuesday police also clarified some details of the events, saying a locksmith initially opened Richer's door, not Gomez. Once the door was open, Richer fired.
County records show Charles and Joseph Richer bought the one-bedroom unit in 2001 for $135,000, but the father had claimed in court that his son had not made payments since 2003.
Built in 1969, the building benefited from its prime location on Ocean Drive during the real estate boom, with studio units bringing in $300,000 or more in 2005.
Five years later, the property value had fallen substantially, and some of those same studio units were valued at just over $120,000.
Five of the units in the 238-unit building are being foreclosed by the bank, according to RealtyTrac, and several others have been targeted for foreclosure by the condo association.
The elder Richer went to court and eventually bought out his son's portion and began the process of evicting him to sell the property.
Gomez, a Colombian immigrant, had lived alone in Miami for the past 20 years, friends said Monday. He was divorced and had one daughter who lives in New York.
Officials with the Colombian Consulate in Miami said they'd been in contact with the daughter, who expressed her desire to have her father buried in Miami instead of being repatriated.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

I Need to be Careful Out There Empty Re: I Need to be Careful Out There

Post by Psalmist November 24th 2010, 12:12 am

yeah Eric,
You might consider a safer occupation like SWAT team or terrorist. I think they're hiring. you do get a free video Wink
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 24th 2010, 7:15 am

Keep your Powder dry Eric.-------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 24th 2010, 8:09 am

That guy has some serious mental issues. Be careful Eric. A word of advice, Let the cops go first.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 24th 2010, 9:20 am

+1 cops first
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 November 24th 2010, 10:32 am

Ayup, I always stand behind the guys with the guns pirat
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 24th 2010, 8:26 pm

theres alot of crazys and just plain people who don't no what to do , no jobs and no way of paying for there homes that just a few yrs back they had equity in there homes and now are under water because of the shady deals of these dam banks , so do becareful eric , it don't take much for some of these peole to over load there minds
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down