Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Touch My Junk

+5
whitetrash
jedishon
NeonLeon
marang
Simpleman77
9 posters

Go down

Don't Touch My Junk Empty Don't Touch My Junk

Post by Simpleman77 November 16th 2010, 4:31 am

Below is a link to an article about and recording of this man's encounter with TSA screeners at an airport. I'm curious about your thoughts on this issue. I have said that I won't submit to the new "full body imaging" OR the very invasive (read sexual assault) "pat down".

Here's a sample image that they take with their full body scanners. Supposedly they don't store them, but that has been proven false of late as well.

Don't Touch My Junk Tsa1

I was discussing this with my wife and she asked me a question that stopped me cold; "What about when Felicia goes on a mission trip?" Am I willing to give up a my daughters trip at a moments notice, and possibly lose hundreds or thousands of dollars in already paid for airfare and mission trip costs because I don't agree with this technology?

There's alot of material here but, I would appreciate a serious discussion on this. Please try to keep it on topic.

"Don't Touch my Junk"
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2774

Back to top Go down

Don't Touch My Junk Empty Re: Don't Touch My Junk

Post by marang November 16th 2010, 6:25 am

If this technology will keep another 9/11 from happening I'm all for it. I really don't see what the uproar about these new scanners is all about, (no offense) it's not like you can tell who the person in the image is. Do these people deny having an ex-ray taken at the Hospital when it comes to life or death? Same thing, and it could be my life if another didn't have this scan or a full body pat down down on my flight. "Sexual assault"? I don't think so, the person doing the pat down has no sexual intent. America and the world demanded TSA and our governments do something to make our travels safe. They came up with something and now everyone wants to complain about it...I don't get it. Muslims now say its against their religious beliefs. I say if a person has a problem with either of the methods then they can take the Greyhound bus.

Your wife makes a good point. Another way to look at it is, and God forbid, what if the plane headed to the mission trip was hijacked by those who said the same as you and TSA gave in?
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 16th 2010, 6:36 am

Let me add another wrinkle (pun intended) .... how many nuns, grandmothers, 10 year old kids ... or the like have been involved in hijacking and terrorism????? Yeah ... Abdul and Muhammad are going to cry ... but scan them and let the rest go. Yeah ... it's profiling ... so what? 3,000 people died at the hands of muslim radicals ... not Irishmen ... not African Americans, not Englishmen ..... middle eastern muslims ..... hello ..... anyone home????
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 16th 2010, 6:51 am

Hate to burt your bubble there my Pa brother. But they don't have to be scanned. It's against their religion to sexually intice others, or even be seen without clothes.

Personally I wont fly (on a plane) again.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 16th 2010, 6:54 am

jedishon wrote:Hate to burst your bubble there my Pa brother. But they don't have to be scanned. It's against their religion to sexually intice others, or even be seen without clothes.

Personally I wont fly (on a plane) again.

Haven't and won't since 94 ..... that is why I am a meager tech .... don't want to be in a position where travel may be necessary.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 16th 2010, 7:57 am

If a Raghead does not have to be scanned in our Country why should anyone be scanned. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 16th 2010, 8:10 am

whitetrash wrote: If a Raghead does not have to be scanned in our Country why should anyone be scanned. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad -------- Coffee

That right there is the million dollar question my friend. If it is optional for anyone it must be optional for everyone. I say if you don't get scanned, you don't get on a plane period, end of story.
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyGal November 16th 2010, 8:24 am

I just went thru the body scan on my trip to Miami. Of course I was passed right through. However there was a suspicious lookin' guy that went through behind me. He was then pulled to the side and patted down. I did not see the outcome as that went on for over 5 minutes. But I was glad to see that he was not boarding my plane.
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 November 16th 2010, 9:39 am

Good points, all. I appreciate the input. You have helped me to put this into perspective. D & Len, you're right. I was one of the voices screaming that we needed to do something and now I'm bristling at this. I need to grow up and accept that air travel changed forever on 9/11/01.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jedishon November 16th 2010, 9:55 am

Simpleman77 wrote:Good points, all. I appreciate the input. You have helped me to put this into perspective. D & Len, you're right. I was one of the voices screaming that we needed to do something and now I'm bristling at this. I need to grow up and accept that air travel changed forever on 9/11/01.

No my brother. We need to get rid of all the Illegals and all who believe in the Koran. Then we can eliminate the need for scanners or pat downs.
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon November 16th 2010, 10:50 am

The Drudge Report had a picture yesterday of a nun ... in full habit .... being patted down at an airport. The caption said "The Terrorists Have Won".
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 16th 2010, 11:00 am

NeonLeon wrote:The Drudge Report had a picture yesterday of a nun ... in full habit .... being patted down at an airport. The caption said "The Terrorists Have Won".

YEP ! We can give up our Freedoms and Rights little by little but we never want to OFFEND a Muslim or an Illegal. We are becoming a 3rd World Country where ANY Minority will Rule the Majority. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Simpleman77 November 16th 2010, 11:35 am

jedishon wrote:
Simpleman77 wrote:Good points, all. I appreciate the input. You have helped me to put this into perspective. D & Len, you're right. I was one of the voices screaming that we needed to do something and now I'm bristling at this. I need to grow up and accept that air travel changed forever on 9/11/01.

No my brother. We need to get rid of all the Illegals and all who believe in the Koran. Then we can eliminate the need for scanners or pat downs.

Jerry, while I agree that we need to stop worrying about offending people, whether we like it or not, there will always be people outside this country who want nothing more than to kill Americans. For that, we must keep the increased security. My only wish is that we would pay special attention to people who are dressed like the people who killed over 3,000 Americans on 9/11/01, people who are ACTING suspicious and people who look suspicious.
Simpleman77
Simpleman77
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 16th 2010, 2:12 pm

TU Eric, I agree 110%, but when we pay Special Attention to those people we are OFFENDING them and Profiling. Our own Government is of the mindset that it is Better to be attacked and have a few Thousand Americans Killed than to OFFEND or Profile. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by markspike November 16th 2010, 8:39 pm

Personally, if one gets scanned, then ALL get scanned, forget religious issues or profiling. If you don't want a full-body scan - then DON'T FLY.

And, please...can we PLEASE turn the middle east into a lake of glass so that we don't have to worry about this crap anymore? PLEASE?!?

Said it before and I'll say it again; I know some muslims; nice enough people, but I don't TRUST them, and one of them even told me NOT to trust them, because if it came down to it, many would turn against this country in a New York minute if called upon by their own Imam.
markspike
markspike

Male Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 18th 2010, 9:20 pm

If i get on a plane EVERYONE better have been checked out. No exceptions.
As for the Nun getting frisked and the caption 'terrorists have won', propaganda BS, just to intice. Darrin, forget the bus. I think the gov't should supply every muslim and illegal with a bicycle and a permit to ride in the truck lane on the freeway. (Dino might say i should 'love thy neighbor', well, i love them enough to help pay for the bikes.)
If we are the Infidel, why the hell are they here. Get the Fuk out.

opinionated, probably. pizzed off, yes. sorry, yeah...sorry i didn't join the service. gun
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by marang November 18th 2010, 10:18 pm

smokum wrote:If i get on a plane EVERYONE better have been checked out. No exceptions.
As for the Nun getting frisked and the caption 'terrorists have won', propaganda BS, just to intice. Darrin, forget the bus. I think the gov't should supply every muslim and illegal with a bicycle and a permit to ride in the truck lane on the freeway. (Dino might say i should 'love thy neighbor', well, i love them enough to help pay for the bikes.)
If we are the Infidel, why the hell are they here. Get the Fuk out.

opinionated, probably. pizzed off, yes. sorry, yeah...sorry i didn't join the service. gun

Thumbs Up
marang
marang
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5977

Back to top Go down

Post by markspike November 18th 2010, 10:54 pm

Hey...if they want TSA to frisk me, SHE better look like this:

Don't Touch My Junk Sexy-police-officer-costume-1

Then, I would personally have no problem with it...

Just sayin'...
markspike
markspike

Male Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 19th 2010, 7:46 am

markspike wrote:Hey...if they want TSA to frisk me, SHE better look like this:

Don't Touch My Junk Sexy-police-officer-costume-1

Then, I would personally have no problem with it...

Just sayin'...

TU TU TU TU Hell Yeah, she can give me an "Invasive Cavity Search" anytime. -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down