Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home from Miami

+5
actionpack
Dyedorange
jaarch
jedishon
HarleyGal
9 posters

Go down

Home from Miami Empty Home from Miami

Post by HarleyGal November 10th 2010, 9:34 am

Hi Haveners..Made it home from Miami Beach. Had about 1 1/2 days of sun. I guess hurricane Thomas decided to scatter some of his wrath while we were there. Not terrible, but not the dry sunny days we were hoping for. But regardless, temps stayed in 80's during the day and we had fun! Fontainebleau Hotel was nice but I would never pay to stay there. Prices are totally out of control. For instance..3 frozen strawberry daqueries (12oz) = $41.00. A soda $8.00. Not a single pop machine on the entire 22 acres. 1 burger, 1 chicken sandwich, and 1 chicken quesidea = $105.00. CRAZY. Needless to say, we hit Walgreens for some bread, peanut butter, chips, pop and a case of beer and a styrofoam cooler! Took a cab to Lincoln St. and Ocean Blvd. a few times. Fed the homeless from our leftovers from the times we ate in town. Made the mistake of giving one guy money, just to see him drinking a Corona a few minutes later down the block. All in all...Miami isn't somewhere I would choose to visit next time I'm in Florida. But I'm not complaining! It was nice to get away for a week!
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Female Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Home from Miami Empty Re: Home from Miami

Post by jedishon November 10th 2010, 10:03 am

Daytona is a much better place to stay. IMHO
jedishon
jedishon
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 5470

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyGal November 10th 2010, 10:48 am

Yep, I agree. I would def pick Daytona over Miami. You can walk most anywhere in Daytona!
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jaarch November 10th 2010, 11:04 am

Glad you had a good time. TU
jaarch
jaarch
The six-wheeled man

Male Number of posts : 7387

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyedorange November 10th 2010, 11:06 am

WL Laughing
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyGal November 10th 2010, 11:22 am

Lol...I'll work on the pics! The reason for our trip was my sister had a business conference there. So 2 other friends and I tagged along for the price of our airfaire and spending money. Can't beat that. Next years conference is in San Diego CA. Never been to CA yet !!
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack November 10th 2010, 8:11 pm

welcome back and glad ya had a good time , sounds like a bunch of blood sucking buinesses down there just waiting to take the money scratch
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyedorange November 10th 2010, 8:30 pm

HarleyGal wrote:Lol...I'll work on the pics! The reason for our trip was my sister had a business conference there. So 2 other friends and I tagged along for the price of our airfaire and spending money. Can't beat that. Next years conference is in San Diego CA. Never been to CA yet !!

Look out Joe, here they come. affraid
Dyedorange
Dyedorange
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 834

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmist November 11th 2010, 1:05 am

You'll love CA. But it is the home of fruits and nuts. Ask Joe. lol !! We were there for the 84 Olympics. totally enjoyed ouselves. That was in our BC days (before children).
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldwingDave November 11th 2010, 7:21 am

HarleyGal wrote:Hi Haveners..Made it home from Miami Beach. Had about 1 1/2 days of sun. I guess hurricane Thomas decided to scatter some of his wrath while we were there. Not terrible, but not the dry sunny days we were hoping for. But regardless, temps stayed in 80's during the day and we had fun! Fontainebleau Hotel was nice but I would never pay to stay there. Prices are totally out of control. For instance..3 frozen strawberry daqueries (12oz) = $41.00. A soda $8.00. Not a single pop machine on the entire 22 acres. 1 burger, 1 chicken sandwich, and 1 chicken quesidea = $105.00. CRAZY. Needless to say, we hit Walgreens for some bread, peanut butter, chips, pop and a case of beer and a styrofoam cooler! Took a cab to Lincoln St. and Ocean Blvd. a few times. Fed the homeless from our leftovers from the times we ate in town. Made the mistake of giving one guy money, just to see him drinking a Corona a few minutes later down the block. All in all...Miami isn't somewhere I would choose to visit next time I'm in Florida. But I'm not complaining! It was nice to get away for a week!

I know what you mean about getting away Sue. Never been to Miami but probably will ride through one day to see what it looks like. Key West is where I hope to go one of these years.
GoldwingDave
GoldwingDave
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyGal November 11th 2010, 7:55 am

Thanks everybody! Yeah I've heard about the fruits and nuts in CA. As long as they keep to themselves...all will be good!! It's ok Joe...You have a year to prepare for us!! lol Dave, I've never been to Key West but that is something that is still on my Bucket list. Although I hear it is a little fruity there also. Bill, the biggest $$ sucker was the resort itself. Other than that the stores and restuarnts in town had average pricing.
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by whitetrash November 11th 2010, 9:37 am

TU Glad that you had a Good Time Sue. Be sure and post those pictures of you at the Nude Beach. Shocked Laughing -------- Coffee
whitetrash
whitetrash
Coffee Member
Coffee Member

Male Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by smokum November 11th 2010, 2:29 pm

whitetrash wrote: TU Glad that you had a Good Time Sue. Be sure and post those pictures of you at the Nude Beach. Shocked Laughing -------- Coffee

Glad you had fun. Don't forget to photoshop on the paisties. (rule #2 or 6 or whatever, the one that got me.) Rolling Eyes

Last edited by smokum on November 14th 2010, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
smokum
smokum
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1136

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyGal November 11th 2010, 3:03 pm

Huh?? Nude Beach?? I didn't see any nude beach. I wonder if 6" stilettos were required for that too. Unfortunatly I left mine at home
HarleyGal
HarleyGal
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldwingDave November 11th 2010, 7:05 pm

The nude beach is just outside Miami. I got asked to leave because I was "pointing" and running into people! Smile
GoldwingDave
GoldwingDave
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum