Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When?

3 posters

Go down

When? Empty When?

Post by trip June 13th 2017, 10:27 am

When was the first time you remember falling in love with a particular motorcycle?

For me, having to guess here, summer of 1958 or 59 in central Fl. Dad stopped at a gas station for gas and cig's. A young guy, older teens was putting gas in his black Triumph. He was wearing jeans, black boots, white Tee shirt, cigarettes rolled up in his sleeve. I thought he was so cool but best of all, he was riding a Triumph.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

When? Empty Re: When?

Post by actionpack June 13th 2017, 3:34 pm

they were a mity fine ride wes , my first time on a Triumph. I went over the handle bars , then bike rolled forwards and layed the hot pipe on my ankle , burnt it pretty good befor they got the bike off me , powerful bikes at the time , my first ride was on the back of a cusman scooter my cousin owned , you hit the nail on the head wes , t-shirt with smokes on shleeve , and blue jeans , and a pair of shades were are rideing suits   , shoes were optional some days , 03biker , me now days , scratch

Last edited by actionpack on June 14th 2017, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon June 13th 2017, 7:19 pm

I was sitting on a crate at Art Savage's Triumph shop. I used to hang out at the shop and learn from the old boy. He was in his early 70's and was telling me he would be gone for a few weeks. He was riding his Trident 750 to bike weeks. Then we un-crated a blue and white Tiger 750. Art was the coolest guy I knew and that Tiger 750 was the coolest bike.
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by actionpack June 15th 2017, 8:39 am

NeonLeon wrote:I was sitting on a crate at Art Savage's Triumph shop.  I used to hang out at the shop and learn from the old boy. He was in his early 70's and was telling me he would be gone for a few weeks. He was riding his Trident 750 to bike weeks. Then we un-crated a blue and white Tiger 750. Art was the coolest guy I knew and that Tiger 750 was the coolest bike.
you old fart , now your enjoying your early 70's , sitting on the same crate 50 years or so later , BM raz
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonLeon June 15th 2017, 2:16 pm

at least by early seventies we weren't talking about my age! .... LP gnd gnd gnd
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum