Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I Am Home

3 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I Am Home Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : I Am Home

Post by Psalmist January 9th 2016, 10:31 pm

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I Am Home

John 14 -

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe [fn] in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
4 "And you know the way where I am going."
5 Thomas said* [fn] to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?"
6 Jesus said* [fn] to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Today we celebrated the graduation of a very close friend, Gloria Jones. She was married to my biker brother Tommy. Tommy Jones and I rode to Sturgis several times over the past years. One year he was pulling a camping trailer and blew out his fork seals. This trailer was probably near maximum weight limit that was safe to pull. It slept 4 and had A/C. I'm surprised he didn't install a shower and two more bedrooms. To say this trailer is ginormous, is not fair those who enjoy the art of exaggerating. On the second story he kept his telescope space continuum and flux capacitor. Yes it was a big camper and ok I might have stretched it just a smidge or three.

One year we headed out for Sturgis after church on a Sunday. That was the year it was 106 every day for a month. Gloria was so hot, she decided to wear a short t shirt and shorts. That's not a good combination when travelling on a bike. When that asphalt gets hot, it will cook your feet and legs. Sure it seems logical to dress lightly in the sweltering heat. But in this case, you need to protect your skin from blistering. We only got 50 miles from home when she had to have Tommy pull into a Quick Stop gas station. She got off the bike and walked straight into the store's coolers. She was hot enuff to faint. They weren't able to finish this trip because of the heat, and had to head back.

We have been blessed to have gone on several cruises with Tommy and Gloria. A few years ago Patty and I joined them on a Caribbean cruise. It was so much fun. Gloria and Tommy fed the 4 foot stingrays and let them attach to their backs. The rays were very tame. This was pretty cool. Gloria is going to be missed big time. She's free from cancer pain and suffering. I know Gloria and she's a strong Christian. Soon we're going to be with her again and riding the highways of the Milky Way. Imagine that. Riding the highways of the Milky Way, sounds pretty good!!

Jesus promised to go and make a place for us. He's coming back very soon for us. Are you ready? I sure am! I hope you have your 'ride' ready for eternity. Life is a ride and you will choose your destination. Live for Jesus and you will ride thru the heavens for eternity. Sounds pretty good eh? Live for yourself and you will crash and burn forever. A pretty easy choice in my opinion. I look forward to riding with you forever. What do you want to ride? I want a bike that changes to meet my needs/desires. At one point it's a Goldwing that can pull any size camper at speeds of 4077mph and yet have the sound of a well tuned twin. It will have a stereo and A/C so no one gets too hot when we slingshot around the sun.

I know this all sounds crazy, and that's fine. But very soon we're going to be leaving here and riding into eternity. Again, are YOU ready? My brother was Gloria's pastor. Jesus is now. Don shared that Gloria's last email to him was short, "I am home." Where is your home eternally going to be? Is it heaven or hell? Ask Jesus to forgive you and live in your heart. He will. It's really that easy. Learn to live for Him one day at a time. Do it today, it's about time to ride. I'm praying for you!
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : I Am Home Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : I Am Home

Post by trip January 10th 2016, 3:37 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter