Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Survival #2

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Survival #2 Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : Survival #2

Post by Psalmist December 5th 2015, 9:57 pm

Well we survived Hurdle #1 Thanksgiving. Now less than 30 days is the big hurdle; Christmas. Then #3 will be New Years and we start all over. Boy do I ever sound like a Scrooge. We usually breeze through #3 pretty easily. As Christians, we might have a prayer meeting followed by a fellowship. Isn't it nice to simplify.

For me, this past week was pretty rough. Sunday I woke up knowing I needed to go to the ER. My legs were not functioning right. So I led two worship services and taught a class in between. After the second service I set my guitar down and got in the car for the ER. I hoped it would be a short 2-3 days getting new blood and feet up. Today I signed the papers to get out. After a week of scattered sleep and food from.... It's so good to be home. If this post seems disjointed, you might be right. I've always been (or at least try to be) a man of commitment and dedication. I don't like unfinished work. So I WILL post a SMH.

Paul talks (writes) in one of His books about running the race and finishing the course. I want to be like that.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.
25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air;
27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

This is a short post so I can hit the sack early. Tomorrow we start the week again. Christmas is coming and hopefully we wont get coal. I had some very good experiences in the hospital. There were experiences when the presence and power of God changed the room. I had some great visits and got to pray with almost every Doctor and nurse. I learned I have the best wife in the world and some pretty good kids. In the past 6 weeks, I think I've spent three of them in the hospital. I learned new uses for medicine dispensers again. Mednoculars will be the rage in 2016. Be blessed and get some enjoyable rides in. I'm praying for you.
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : Survival #2 Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : Survival #2

Post by NeonLeon December 6th 2015, 11:22 am

prayers from God's country Dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth