Biker-Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion

4 posters

Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion Empty Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion

Post by Psalmist August 29th 2015, 10:32 pm

As Puffy dried off she looked around the beach. Everyone had come out to celebrate the conclusion of the amazing race. It was a party like none had ever experienced before. From the train station gift store ran Platty to embrace Puffy. They broke into laughter and crying at the same time. Platty knew Puffy had a lot of questions, so she just wrapped her arms around Puffy and held her close for several minutes.    "You were right all along Platty. I was just too proud and bull headed to let it go." whispered Puffy between sobs of exhausted leaning into Platty's coat. Platty held Puffy while she ranted. Puffy hadn't changed too much. She still didn't know when to stop talking. Platty walked Puffy over to the Lifeguard's tower where he watched and listened for cries of 'Help!'     " You didn't see this when we were on the beach." Platty said with a motherly tone. Next to the steps was a large bronze plaque with a scripture printed on it.  

"14 Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14  

"All those big wonderful creatures were sent by God to keep you safe and somewhat on the right path. Sure you had a choice and some of your decisions were dandies! He didn't take you out of danger totally. But He did show you how to avoid complete destruction. Along the way you learned to listen and obey like the mustang. You will keep a few of those scars to remind you YOU are not a island needing nothing. We all need each other to guide and encourage through life's challenges. When you fall, I'll be there. And when I fall, you better be close. Jesus showed us the way to live and also how to die. That big blue door is part of your journey. Soon you too will pass through it. The best part of the race is still to come."     Puffy and Platty walked up the path away from the nis river and spoke of the experiences each had in the race. Far in the distance ahead was a mountain and a narrow winding road that led to the top. On the very top was a glowing blue dot.        Paul wrote about life as a race.

"Philippians 2:16 (AMP)   Holding out [to it] and offering [to all men] the Word of Life, so that in the day of Christ I may have something of which exultantly to rejoice and glory in that I did not run my race in vain or spend my labor to no purpose."  

I hope you have enjoyed my story and I thank you for taking the time to read it. So let us run this race together. Learn to listen and enjoy those that God places in your path. All things really do work out for the good if you dedicate your life to Jesus. Watch out for the traps that devils set against you. Like ugly stumps, some of these will be obvious. But there will also be those that appear innocent and are sent to destroy you. Surround yourself with Godly friends. Laugh with the penguins. God sends those just to see you smile. Have a fantastic week and remember, someone is praying for you.

Last edited by Psalmist on August 29th 2015, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Paragraph missing)
Psalmist
Psalmist
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 1991

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion

Post by actionpack August 30th 2015, 2:40 pm

thanks dino
actionpack
actionpack
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 8681

Back to top Go down

Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion Empty Re: Sunday Mornin' Hope : the Race Conclusion

Post by NeonLeon September 2nd 2015, 12:42 pm

thanks dino
NeonLeon
NeonLeon
The Man The Myth
The Man The Myth

Male Number of posts : 7201

Back to top Go down

Post by trip September 5th 2015, 10:42 pm

Thanks Dino.
trip
trip
True Haven Supporter
True Haven Supporter

Male Number of posts : 2863

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down